Guilded add-on
Darian,Jul 25 2005, 10:33 PM Wrote:I was tipped off to an addon which could very seriously help make the Lurkers/CA alliance a little stronger, as well as make it easier for our guilds to communicate and form groups.

It's called Guilded.  What it does is allow you to bind itself to a key, and when you toggle it it brings up a window very much like your normal social window -- but everyone who's in the channel you configure it to join will show up, just like in the normal guild tab.  It also comes with a /ga chat function which sends a message to everyone in the channel, acting as an alliance channel for our purposes.

Of course, for it to be effective, people would have to use it, and I know people are twitchy about even more add-ons.  Still... I think there's a lot of benefit, so if people will use it, that'd be awesome.

Download from Curse  (version 0.11)

A couple of things...

When you first install it, it will disable itself because it's not configured right.  You'll have to do the following:

Go to the main WoW menu -> key bindings and assign a key of your choice for the GUI
Open the GUI and go to the config tag, and set "Channel Name" to calurkersga, "Min Channel Num" to 1.  PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE "Advertise Professions" CHECK BOX.  We discovered that it causes massive lag for everyone on the channel.  (Not going to worry about password unless a problem ensues.)  Then click accept.

After that, any time you use the key you bound, the window will pop and anyone else using the addon who's in the channel will show up, and anytime you /ga text, everyone will see it.
[right][snapback]84319[/snapback][/right]

Ok, I've run into a hitch this morning with Taha...Guilded don't work anymore. I can go through and set it up, but it never joins up with the channel on Taha (works on all other characters). I've tried killing Taha's chat log to no effect, uninstalled and reinstalled guilded a couple times after deleting it entirely from the add ons folder, renamed the WTF and WDB folders, and nothing. At this point, I'm at a loss on what do next to try and get it working with Taha again (it works with all other characters, so it's character specific).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Jul 30 2005, 10:42 PM Wrote:Ok, I've run into a hitch this morning with Taha...Guilded don't work anymore.  I can go through and set it up, but it never joins up with the channel on Taha (works on all other characters).  I've tried killing Taha's chat log to no effect, uninstalled and reinstalled guilded a couple times after deleting it entirely from the add ons folder, renamed the WTF and WDB folders, and nothing.  At this point, I'm at a loss on what do next to try and get it working with Taha again (it works with all other characters, so it's character specific).
[right][snapback]84688[/snapback][/right]

Do a /chatlist and see if you're in avarice. If you are, leave it, then log out and back in. See if that helps.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Now that autojoin has been fixed, is there any reason to use this mod any longer? It seems that, other than making up for a broken autojoin feature, the only thing it offered was advertising professions and trades, which we can't use because of the spam it generates. I'm removing it from my addons and hope that people will still be using honorables. Of course, that assumes that I remember to remove it. I've logged three times now, for that purpose, and got side tracked each time. :wacko:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I really have no intention of removing it. I like having a stickied channel to speak with the members of CA, HH, and so forth. I will bring Honorables and Lurkers back up, but I like Guilded too much to get rid of it.
LochnarITB,Aug 4 2005, 04:13 AM Wrote:Now that autojoin has been fixed, is there any reason to use this mod any longer?  It seems that, other than making up for a broken autojoin feature, the only thing it offered was advertising professions and trades, which we can't use because of the spam it generates.  I'm removing it from my addons and hope that people will still be using honorables.  Of course, that assumes that I remember to remove it.  I've logged three times now, for that purpose, and got side tracked each time. :wacko:
[right][snapback]85116[/snapback][/right]

I like the guilded mod because it allows us to talk with the CA, House Harpell and some of the Keepers of the Cheese folks regularly. The Honorables channel doesn't seem too forgiving of spam. ;)
Tal,Aug 4 2005, 07:55 AM Wrote:I like the guilded mod because it allows us to talk with the CA, House Harpell and some of the Keepers of the Cheese folks regularly. The Honorables channel doesn't seem too forgiving of spam. ;)[right][snapback]85124[/snapback][/right]
I think his point was simply "why do we need a mod to do the same thing as /join avarice would do?" In fact, /join avarice would do MORE things since you can control what window that chat shows up in. There's nothing wrong with being in Honorables, Lurkers, and Avarice all at the same time.

Since the "extra" stuff of the Guilded mod doesn't work too well, it's unnecessary. I too see no reason to keep it installed, and will just join the chat channel.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Aug 4 2005, 09:18 AM Wrote:I think his point was simply "why do we need a mod to do the same thing as /join avarice would do?"  In fact, /join avarice would do MORE things since you can control what window that chat shows up in.  There's nothing wrong with being in Honorables, Lurkers, and Avarice all at the same time.

Since the "extra" stuff of the Guilded mod doesn't work too well, it's unnecessary.  I too see no reason to keep it installed, and will just join the chat channel.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]85125[/snapback][/right]

I find it easier to chat in the channel and see who is online for guilded using the mod. No need to type the channel number each time or do a chatlist for the channel to see which mages are online, etc. :)
Tal,Aug 4 2005, 08:47 AM Wrote:I find it easier to chat in the channel and see who is online for guilded using the mod. No need to type the channel number each time or do a chatlist for the channel to see which mages are online, etc. :)
[right][snapback]85126[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that whole being able to check the list of people who is on without having to chatlist or /who the guild is much easier. I'd like it if it showed where people were at, and maybe if they were in a group or not, but that would be for some programmer to take a look at. ::nods:: I nominate Quark.
Tal,Aug 4 2005, 08:47 AM Wrote:I find it easier to chat in the channel and see who is online for guilded using the mod. No need to type the channel number each time or do a chatlist for the channel to see which mages are online, etc. :)
[right][snapback]85126[/snapback][/right]
Not having to type the number each time is a bonus for me. Also, I just like chatting with the folks in /ga better than in honorables. Remember when people got hollered at for trying to get groups together by using the honorables channel? And how about when some of the younger guilds to join honorables decided the channel was for them and basically no one else was allowed to say anything? Or the deliberate screwing around with the permissions so no one could type in it? (There were also some inadvertent permission screw ups that I'm not talking about because, well, things happen sometimes). Quite frankly, I'll be keeping the mod. I've had more luck with getting spur of the moment groups (and fun groups to boot) using /ga than I ever have with honorables. The guilds in honorables may be indeed honorable, but the quality of players is more of a crap shoot for me than if I use /ga.
Intolerant monkey.
Bolty,Aug 4 2005, 09:18 AM Wrote:I think his point was simply "why do we need a mod to do the same thing as /join avarice would do?"  In fact, /join avarice would do MORE things since you can control what window that chat shows up in.  There's nothing wrong with being in Honorables, Lurkers, and Avarice all at the same time.

Since the "extra" stuff of the Guilded mod doesn't work too well, it's unnecessary.  I too see no reason to keep it installed, and will just join the chat channel.
[right][snapback]85125[/snapback][/right]

If you just /join avarice, you will be besieged with automated arrival/departure/update data spam generated by people continuing to use Guilded because they like having a single, unified /who window. ;)

Pesmerga,Aug 4 2005, 09:52 AM Wrote:I'd like it if it showed where people were at, and maybe if they were in a group or not, but that would be for some programmer to take a look at.

Psybie's actually working on that (as well as a mod which would incorporate the Guilded window into the normal social window).
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Aug 4 2005, 09:50 AM Wrote:Psybie's actually working on that (as well as a mod which would incorporate the Guilded window into the normal social window).
[right][snapback]85136[/snapback][/right]

Well fine! Take all of my ideas! :D

I'm bored at work. Anyone work for a bank that can give me a hefty loan? ::falls asleep::
Treesh,Aug 4 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:Remember when people got hollered at for trying to get groups together by using the honorables channel?  And how about when some of the younger guilds to join honorables decided the channel was for them and basically no one else was allowed to say anything?  Or the deliberate screwing around with the permissions so no one could type in it?
[right][snapback]85129[/snapback][/right]
My point was exactly what Bolty mentioned. However, I was not aware that any of this had happened. Where was I?? With all the time I spend in Azeroth, how could I have missed it? Guess I was just lucky with my timing. Darn, now I have to put the addon back. I was hoping to actually get rid of one. I am so dependent on all my mods for layout and features I think are missing that I probably couldn't play the game if I removed them all as Blizzard is suggesting again. :lol: :angry:

Also, since chat seems to be happening more and more in /ga, and there were problems with honorables, should we consider having a password for the associated guilds? Is it possible for the channel to be messed with by anyone that has access to it?

BTW, what are the current guilds in our association? I am terrible with names I see/hear all the time. For me to know guild names as well, when I rarely even see them, would be a miracle. :wacko:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."