Director for Warcraft Movie announced
Blizzard Press Release.

It's Sam Raimi:)

Will be interesting what kind of timetable we are looking at. I am divided between wether this is a great or horrible thing by the way, it could be brilliant I suppose, it could also be just a better Dungeon Siege movie.

Anyway, for good or bad, I'm excited.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.

I'm still experiencing some minor psychic trauma after you said the mighty words of curse that is Uwe + Boll.

Dungeon Siege t3h movie and mr. Boll should both be tried for attempted murder or at least manslaughter of Ray Liotta's career.

Having said that, I still have to see 'Alone In The Dark'. I heard it's this generation's 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'. Or something like that.

Quote:the mighty words of curse that is Uwe + Boll.
Recently I had me a "Bollathon", I watched Farcry, Alone in the Dark and Dungeon Siege on the same day. Of those, Dungeon Siege is easily the best, and it already sucks hard. But Farcry...
You have to see it to believe it, so you can then thoroughly regret having seen it. It is even worse than BloodRayne, and few movies (using the term loosely) are even remotely as bad as that.

But it's SAM RAIMI!:)

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:But it's SAM RAIMI!:)
After Spiderman 3, despite all spin to the contrary, I'm not particularly thrilled with his product and not likely to see something else he directs for a while unless I receive some good feedback from trusted sources.

~FragB)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:After Spiderman 3, despite all spin to the contrary, I'm not particularly thrilled with his product and not likely to see something else he directs for a while unless I receive some good feedback from trusted sources.

~FragB)

Agreed. It could be brilliant or it could end in tears. I'm hoping the brilliant Sam Raimi shows up.
I usually love really bad movies, but I absolutely could not finish watching Alone in the Dark. It was one of the very few movies i just had to turn off.

There's a special place in hell reserved for Uwe Boll.

A Warcraft movie directed by Sam Raimi is going to make bajillions of dollars.
Quote:...

But Farcry...
You have to see it to believe it, so you can then thoroughly regret having seen it. It is even worse than BloodRayne, and few movies (using the term loosely) are even remotely as bad as that.

But it's SAM RAIMI!:)

take care
Tarabulus

? There's a Farcry movie? Excuse me, let me clarify myself. There's a Dr. Uwe Boll movie of Farcry?

I think I know what my next double bill movie night will be. 'Alone In The Dark' and 'Farcry'. Or what will happen to me after I finished watching those 2 things. Hiyooo!

/rimshot

But enough on the good Dr. Boll. On the subject of Sam Raimi. To echo what Frag mentioned, spidey3 Raimi makes me feel hesitant. I really don't want to see an evil horde race character emoting their evilosity by way of an extended dance scene. The way that evil emo Peter Parker did that dance scene to show the corrupting influence of the symbiote. Because there's no better way to show audiences a character is obviously an evil dick than to, dance!

Just because there's technically dancing in WoW, and Spiderman can be argued to have a developed dancer's build, doesn't mean there has to be dancing. Or emo hair + dancing.

If Evil Dead and Spidey1 Raimi is hired however, there's probably a very good chance of seeing a fun movie at least.

In either case, yeah, most likely WoW t3h movie will still pull some big dough on opening weekend.
I would watch the hell out of a World of Warcraft movie if it was like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n9BDNaaXEA

I spent an entire afternoon watching this guy do mundane things in World of Warcraft and was absolutely enthralled the whole time. I don't know why.
Quote:I would watch the hell out of a World of Warcraft movie if it was like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n9BDNaaXEA

I spent an entire afternoon watching this guy do mundane things in World of Warcraft and was absolutely enthralled the whole time. I don't know why.

Ahahahaha:D
That was seriously brilliant!

Another nice choice for the Warcraft Director would be Baron Soosdon of course. Warcraft, it's all about Murlocs and Gnomes.

take care
Tarabulus

I'll remember you.
Quote:Another nice choice for the Warcraft Director would be Baron Soosdon of course. Warcraft, it's all about Murlocs and Gnomes.
I hope there is a scene where they smack down some gold farmers while they spend hours getting revered with some faction to get a stupid recipe for an item that no one wants, and that you will never make.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]