Stormrage: CA Monday/Thursday plans
So, after some confusions...

Obviously, with CA and Lurkers being very similar guilds in terms of their player base -- a few hardcore lunatics ;) along with a bunch of folks who do have to carefully budget their gaming time -- it's difficult for us to really plot out endgame action as a cohesive unit.

Taking into account input from lots of people, and already-existing patterns, I had mentioned this plan on Thursday's raid. Since Monday and Thursdays are established raid nights for CA, and since our closely-allied guilds (Lurkers and KotC) are used to joining us on those nights, we'd start a regular rotation going; one week we'd do Onyxia on Monday and Molten Core explorations on Thursday, the next week we'd reverse that, and so on. This week, it's Onyxia Monday, MC Thursday. (The idea being that by doing this people wouldn't be habitually locked out of one of the two places due to their own schedules.) On the weeks when we run MC on Thursdays, if we progress to the point where we're clearing deeply enough to halt respawns, we'll probably try to reconvene on the weekend to press onward.

This may or may not work out, especially since it appears that our current average available raid complement between the three guilds looks to be about 30 (although we do have characters from 50 different accounts "registered" with our tracking system). We're addressing that by reaching out to another (very) small guild (Harpell House) that's looking for some opportunities.

So that's where we stand; this is Carpe Aurum's plan going forward, and capped Lurkers are, of course, always welcome guests and encouraged to attend, being very much part of the family. (Non-"Lurker" Lurkers who aren't already settled into a cycle of locked instances are also welcome to contact me for slots.)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
I'm all for the Mon/Thur plan, so long as I can get the fiancee to agree with me that it is a good idea (definitely don't want to be neglecting her this close to the wedding)

Count Lochnar in for Monday and Thursday nights. However, days don't exist for his handler so weekend days are out for any follow up to MC progress.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Yuen, Mishy, Mishian, Strats and Gooze will all have difficulty coming to the Monday & Thursday night 8pm events.

It converts to Australian 10am Tuesday and Friday mornings when we are all working.

Yuen has been able to make the events for the past 3 months as I have been doing night shifts. However I have recently changed back to normal working schedules.

The best times for us are your Friday or Saturday nights as they convert to our Saturday and Sunday mornings (when none of us are working).
You'll have the little gnome or the insane druid for however much raiding I can stand. But the more I raid the less I want to play the game so don't expect me every Monday and Thursday.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Perhaps Lurkers could organize Friday or Saturday night group events focus on something other than Onyxia or MC. There are many instance options, including BWL. Also I think the plan on MC was that if any progress was made ( a Boss kill which keeps the instance active), that work would continue over the weekend.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I can guarantee Monday night attendance - I work Thursday nights and I dunno how much longer my wife will be understanding about my various commitments.
Gnollguy,Jul 19 2005, 11:22 AM Wrote:But the more I raid the less I want to play the game...
[right][snapback]83801[/snapback][/right]

Addressing this by means of expanding on things...

Like I mentioned, we're trying to resolve that. Yeah, we've got 50+ 60s in the guilds which are somewhat "committed" to the Monday/Thursday schedule, but that's really not enough. We need to have enough people so that we can fill out a raid group without everyone feeling like they "have" to attend.

Psybie asked me yesterday if I was concerned that we'd get "too many" people, and then we'd have to feel bad for not being able to include everyone. If you get the right number of people, that's never a concern, because you'll end up always having more than 40 people who are willing to go, but you'll invariably have people who are equally willing to (and perhaps would very much like to) take the night off if they aren't needed. And that's what we're shooting for. From what I gather, that number is right around 75 people, so we're still looking for smaller guilds to bring into the fold, like Harpell House and Determined.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Jul 19 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:Addressing this by means of expanding on things...

Like I mentioned, we're trying to resolve that.  Yeah, we've got 50+ 60s in the guilds which are somewhat "committed" to the Monday/Thursday schedule, but that's really not enough.  We need to have enough people so that we can fill out a raid group without everyone feeling like they "have" to attend.

Psybie asked me yesterday if I was concerned that we'd get "too many" people, and then we'd have to feel bad for not being able to include everyone.  If you get the right number of people, that's never a concern, because you'll end up always having more than 40 people who are willing to go, but you'll invariably have people who are equally willing to (and perhaps would very much like to) take the night off if they aren't needed.  And that's what we're shooting for.  From what I gather, that number is right around 75 people, so we're still looking for smaller guilds to bring into the fold, like Harpell House and Determined.
[right][snapback]83813[/snapback][/right]

Yep yep, I hope we get to critical mass too. It's not, as you know, that I don't enjoy the occasional raid or even targeted loot run, but I get a lot more enjoyment out of the 5 man and character building stages. I've enjoyed seeing Onyxia and I hope I'm there the first time a large number of lurkers are involed in taking her down, but yeah, like you said, there are several of us who are doing the high end raids who would like to do other things but still want to see the raids successful for those involved. :) More people and the chance to be a person who steps out for someone who really wants to go will be nice too. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.