mexican flu
Quote:Anyway, I apologize...we are a nation of cowards.
Don't be so hard on yourself(ves). Due to an accident of geography, you happen to be situated on the door step of at least 3 former super powers. They've been walking over you for hundreds of years. It's hard not to develop a thick skin much like that of a door mat. When I travel to Europe, I usually fly into Amsterdam, then spend a few days in the N-L-B area to shed my jet lag. The Netherlands is a very nice welcoming entry way into the continent.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Don't be so hard on yourself(ves). Due to an accident of geography, you happen to be situated on the door step of at least 3 former super powers. They've been walking over you for hundreds of years. It's hard not to develop a thick skin much like that of a door mat. When I travel to Europe, I usually fly into Amsterdam, then spend a few days in the N-L-B area to shed my jet lag. The Netherlands is a very nice welcoming entry way into the continent.

Come on, I was joking. The Romans could only take half, just like the spanish (while we kicked there ass on the seas), we invaded england, not the otherway around, the French....well Ok, but we all know what happened to Napoleon. Then ww1 we were neutral, and the 2nd as well...untill the germans decided they didn't care about that.

Then we have a few caribean islands. We used to own Indonesia untill the US found we had to give that up (which lead it to become the biggest islamic country....where did we see that later again?). Of course we were the cradle of modern natural sciences (17 century) and of market economy. I don't think we are doing that bad.

And we all know what you people visit us for.....it isn't because we are so welcoming.:lol:

O and we are also known for exagerating things.:lol:
Quote:The Romans could only take half,
Frisia is half?
Quote:just like the spanish (while we kicked there ass on the seas)
Is Flanders the other half?
Quote:we invaded england, not the otherway around,
It helps when you are invited by disgruntled English nobility. Besides, I was thinking of MY people, the Vikings. :)
Quote:the French....well Ok, but we all know what happened to Napoleon.
Right... Waterloo, but that was after his army was decimated by the Russians (or at least the winter and lack of supplies).
Quote:Then ww1 we were neutral,
Sort of. Because Hindenburg, and Ludendorff had such great plans for us all.
Quote: and the 2nd as well...untill the germans decided they didn't care about that.
They didn't care during WWI either, but due to tactical miscalculation didn't invade which would have given them a port at Rotterdam. They would have been better positioned during WWI had they ignored Dutch neutrality.
Quote:We used to own Indonesia untill the US found we had to give that up (which lead it to become the biggest islamic country....where did we see that later again?).
I thought it was the Japanese who wrested control away. I'm not sure what you might have done to prevent the spread of Islam, other than what has worked elsewhere in empires, genocide. Java was Islamic before it was Dutch.
Quote:Of course we were the cradle of modern natural sciences (17 century) and of market economy.
Yes, and thanks for that.:)
Quote:And we all know what you people visit us for.....it isn't because we are so welcoming.:lol:
Maybe some people. I'm not particular to the local vices, unless you mean chocolate, fries at Febo with an Indonesian fritesaus and then the Haerlemsch Witte.
Quote:O and we are also known for exagerating things.:lol:
Really?:)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:, fries at Febo

Oh my god!! Fries at Febo.....you are evil.:D
No just kidding, although the stuff at Febo is by far not the best, that type of fries with that type of sauce is what I need to eat at least once whenever I'm back in Holland.