TOP TEN FLYING SAUCER MOVIES OF ALL TIME
Quote:Ding Ding Ding.

Looks like some made it through recently.
In that case... Let me mention Barbarella... :lol:
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Unfortunately the chronology of space flight begins with the first manned moon landing in the later decades of the 21st Century. This should not be held against the movie, nor should the fact that the C57D was from earth.
Duh. I just finished watching Forbidden Planet for the second time (in recent years). From a brand new copy of the DVD. The actual line is something more like "In the last decades of the 21st century men and women landed on the moon." Which may yet prove true. Let's hear it for equal opportunity.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Hey that collection is an awesome collection..
I really love that all movie..Keep going in future..
(05-12-2005, 05:45 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote:
kandrathe,May 12 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:Hmmm, many good vintage B movies there and also many of my favorites.  For the sublime, you might consider "Earth Girls Are Easy", "The Ambushers", or "The Man Who Fell To Earth", "Liquid Sky" or "Flash Gordon (the 1980 version).  Smile
[right][snapback]77114[/snapback][/right]

Flesh Gordon. How can that not be on the list?

Occhi

Okay now are you racist, can we add just one Japanese movie as one of the best flying saucers movies of all time. And it is MONSTER ZERO. YOU know that three headed monster from Planet X and they got took them from earth. The them are Rodan and Godzilla. These saucers were very powerful ones blasting Rodan out of a cliff and picking Godzilla up out of the ocean or was it a lake, oh well water look like water to me. ANyway they transported them to Planet X to battle Monster Zero which was all a trick to destroy the earth to take our water and world from us.
I cast my level 23 LOCK spell against you Thread Necromancer!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Kind of fun to see this old thread reappear.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(04-27-2011, 11:20 AM)Sabra Wrote: Kind of fun to see this old thread reappear.
I think this is a record. This thread has been resurrected three times!

> > > ** Corpse Explosion!!! ** < < <

You receive 60 nature damage.

But, keeping on thread topic... ... some of my favorite space zombie/necromancy films of all time...

[attachment=45] [attachment=46]

(05-12-2005, 07:08 AM)Thecla Wrote: You have many of my own favorites there, but just remember that Plan 9 From Outer Space had flying saucers in it

[Image: saucers.jpg]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paula Trent: Saucers? You mean the kind from up there?

I just watched Plan 9 from Outer Space! Wonderful movie! I was rooting for the martians. Too bad they didn't have a death ray.
On the Lurker Lounge, no thread ever really dies. They just take several-year-long vacations.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(04-01-2014, 01:58 PM)Bolty Wrote: On the Lurker Lounge, no thread ever really dies. They just take several-year-long vacations.

But... where do they go, between visits to the front page?

Oh, right.

-Jester
This one has received a positive review:
Click
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(09-14-2009, 09:11 PM)LavCat Wrote:
Quote:Unintentional thread necromancy aside...

I still can't believe that Forbidden Planet didn't make the original list. I mean, come on! The flying saucer was actually shown in flight, and even had a crew member whoose job title was "Quantum Mechanic". Smile

It's been over fifty years since I watched Forbidden Planet, so I placed a hold on the DVD from the library. I had not remembered the saucer in flight. Surely there must be some World of Warcraft allusions in there somewhere.

Not quite on topic, I most recently got the Blu-ray of Serenity. Have not watched it yet, but I saw the DVD a couple of years ago. Of course I know Firefly class ships are not flying saucers, but I'll have to keep an eye out for saucers in the background.
(04-01-2014, 01:58 PM)Bolty Wrote: On the Lurker Lounge, no thread ever really dies. They just take several-year-long vacations.

The Necromancer just keeps reviving those corpses...
--Mav
Always glad to have a bump to one of my favorite threads.
(03-11-2022, 11:37 PM)LavCat Wrote: Always glad to have a bump to one of my favorite threads.

Certainly one of the best threads on the Lounge. Though I do wonder if there are any new worthy entries over the last 17 years or so. I haven't really thought of any, but I did enjoy re-reading the thread.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(03-15-2022, 07:04 AM)Kevin Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 11:37 PM)LavCat Wrote: Always glad to have a bump to one of my favorite threads.

Certainly one of the best threads on the Lounge. Though I do wonder if there are any new worthy entries over the last 17 years or so. I haven't really thought of any, but I did enjoy re-reading the thread.

It just occurred to me tonight that one of my favorite films of recent years has a flying saucer in it!  I hope this is not a spoiler:  The Dead Don't Die.

Plus, who is it that can argue, the title is certainly within the spirit of this thread.
I am surprised no one mentioned the following:

1 The Bamboo Saucer
2 Starship Invasions (Project Genocide) -My all time fav!
3 Hangar 18
4 Iron Sky