A Call to Rogues
From Tyren:
Quote: Please post any and all locations in the game that break Vanish. The QA team has been checking the ability itself, but it now seems it might be related to world design, rather than the ability itself.

Thus, I ask that rogues please post exact locations of where Vanish breaks for no reason. Screenshots would also be great. :)

Looks like they decided the "it's working fine" attitude isn't working on us and have actually tried to discover the problem with Vanish. So, if any Rogues here happens to have a failed Vanish, SS it and tell Blizzard where it was :)

Of course, you realize this means the "world design" hates me, right? Blinking through the ground, Arcane Missiles not shooting, and Vanish breaking early :P

Edit: I was thinking words but not typing them ... makes for incoherent sentences :wacko:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 29 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:So, if any Rogues here happens to have a failed Vanish, SS it and tell Blizzard where it was :)
[right][snapback]75747[/snapback][/right]
If only I could remember where Taranna (GG's druid) and Etheramwen (my rogue) were playing where stealth would drop from both of us randomly. I don't even think I had vanish at that point (if I did have it, I didn't use it). It was just regular stealth and boy was that aggravating to walk over a spot of ground and pop out of stealth. About time blizzard admitted something funky is going on.
Intolerant monkey.
It breaks when moving across some of the terrain? This sounds a lot like the way some areas were in beta in that the players were constantly getting dismounted when crossing the 'invisible' tile boundaries. I say 'invisible' because in beta, many of the boundaries in some areas could easily be seen due to a slight shading difference where they met at.