dash/dive
Quote:New Pet Ability: Dive - Increases movement speed for a short duration.
New Pet Ability: Dash - Increases movement speed for a short duration.

So I'm wondering a couple of things. First, what mobs can you learn these abilities from? I have a young alliance hunter and a young horde hunter and they are both interested in them (well, just dash really).

The other question I have is how this affects Beastial Swiftness. Beastial Swiftness always seemed like a nice talent except that there was the pet speed bug. That seems to be fixed now (or so I have heard), but dash/dive seem like they may make it less useful. The main thing that Beastial Swiftness is used for is to speed up the speed that your pet charges at an enemy to attack it at the start of a fight. Dash/dive clearly take over this role now though. Beastial Swiftness will still help with chasing things, switching mobs, and any other mid fight running. One also must wonder, does Beastial Swiftness and dash/dive stack? That could make for some really fast movement. I suppose that it is still worth it since it only requires 1 point (if you are that far in the tree already), but I'm less sure about it now.
I've read that the druid ability Dash (+50% speed for 15 secs) overrides the Feral tree talent Feline Swiftness (+30% move outdoors)

So it may be an either or

If it's any indication druids get these abilities in cat-form so cats might be a place to start looking
I've heard rumors saying some of the sabers in Winterspring have Dash. Nothing confirmed, though.
See you in Town,
-Z
swirly,Apr 21 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:So I'm wondering a couple of things.  First, what mobs can you learn these abilities from?  I have a young alliance hunter and a young horde hunter and they are both interested in them (well, just dash really).

The other question I have is how this affects Beastial Swiftness.  Beastial Swiftness always seemed like a nice talent except that there was the pet speed bug.  That seems to be fixed now (or so I have heard), but dash/dive seem like they may make it less useful.  The main thing that Beastial Swiftness is used for is to speed up the speed that your pet charges at an enemy to attack it at the start of a fight.  Dash/dive clearly take over this role now though.  Beastial Swiftness will still help with chasing things, switching mobs, and any other mid fight running.  One also must wonder, does Beastial Swiftness and dash/dive stack?  That could make for some really fast movement.  I suppose that it is still worth it since it only requires 1 point (if you are that far in the tree already), but I'm less sure about it now.
[right][snapback]74711[/snapback][/right]

So, the pet speed bug is definitely not fixed at this point. Dive/dash should stack with Bestial Swiftness, although my hunter has not had the opportunity to check since bears can't learn dash.

Dive and dash require level 30 with additional levels available every 10 levels. Specifically for your young hunters: Stranglethorn Tigers (STV), Swamp Jaguars (SoS), and Crag Coyotes (Badlands) have the first level of dash.
savaughn,Apr 26 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:So, the pet speed bug is definitely not fixed at this point.  Dive/dash should stack with Bestial Swiftness, although my hunter has not had the opportunity to check since bears can't learn dash.

Dive and dash require level 30 with additional levels available every 10 levels.  Specifically for your young hunters:  Stranglethorn Tigers (STV), Swamp Jaguars (SoS), and Crag Coyotes (Badlands) have the first level of dash.
[right][snapback]75256[/snapback][/right]

The Swamp Jaguar that I had tamed before the patch does not know dash. This doesn't really surprise me, but just something to point out. You will need to tame things to get the skills.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
This site has a list, not complete I believe but very helpful

http://www.goodintentionsguild.info/hunters.html