Optimum 8 Player Configuration
Xanthix,Apr 20 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:An extra 5% intelligence is maybe 250 extra mana at level 60. This is enough to cast one more spell. Nice, but not game-breaking.

I assume your mana pool is directly proportional to your intelligence, right? So basically, you can normally toss of 20 spells and now one extra, right? That I can agree is not game breaking.

I would probably still prefer a Night Elf since they look so better, and have a much more fun starting area.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Apr 25 2005, 01:32 AM Wrote:I would probably still prefer a Night Elf since they look so better, and have a much more fun starting area.[right][snapback]75021[/snapback][/right]

None of the racial traits are game-breaking at all. If you're a min/maxer type of gamer and want to have the "uber-est" setup possible, though, you'd hate to play a character to level 60 and find that you would have been just-that-much-more-effective if you had rolled a different race to start out. However, it's really not that big of a deal.

Picking your race should come down to what they look like - pick something that's appealing to you. Psychological discussions aside, I always find myself preferring female characters over male - I like their looks better - say what you will. However, selecting a race simply because of its starting area is a BAD idea.

I powerlevel like mad. It took me about 251 hours /played to get my first character, a Priest, to 60 (that's 10 days, 11 hours). Of those 251 hours, about 5 to 6 were spent in Teldrassil, the Night Elf starting area, to get to level 11-12. When you look at those numbers, you realize that picking any character for its starting area is a poor choice, because you'll blow through it relatively quickly anyway. If you REALLY like the Night Elf starting area, you can always roll another class and have them take the long hike up there. I have seen Gnomes in Teldrassil before. :) Just make sure it's a class that has trainers there (i.e. taking a Warlock to Teldrassil = bad).

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well, you know I am not a powerleveler :) Might never get to level 60 even. I like to "feel" that I am a Nigth ELf and that island being my home so to speak. Sure, not that it matter, but I like the concept of it. Of course it really doesn't matter much. On top of that I like the looks of the NE the most I think.

I actually plaed a female Orc, I like them much better than the male ones. So for Horde I would very likely go for Orc Female again.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.