Massachusetts Two Step
Quote:So yeah, there's a teachable moment there all right. But maybe not the one you had in mind.
I think it was a totally inappropriate question the way it was asked, and to me it smacked of a blatant sexism. The original question before translation was more appropriate ("what does the President [Obama] think..."). But... I doubt Queen Noor or Doris Leuthard would have answered in such a put off manner. A better way to answer would have nicely replied, "If you are interested in what I think then I can answer, but if you want to know what my husband thinks you will need to ask him."
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:I believe her emotional response to the question asked of her in Kinshasa said so much about her. A states(wo)man might have handled that teachable moment with more grace.
Yeah, I agree with you both here and above. It's totally revealing about our society that we apply this double standard, where women are judged according to negative female stereotypes, but men get a free pass.

Also, it really says a lot about Clinton that she responded all "emotional" and lacked "grace."

:blink:

-Jester
Quote:Also, it really says a lot about Clinton that she responded all "emotional" and lacked "grace."
Perhaps "ruffled" would be better description.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]