Look at the whole map
Found a nice maping program that appears to let you move arround anywere in the world, even places normally not accessible thorugh game play. Appearntly you basically "fly" arround. Of course, there is no game content, just the map. The program basically seem to use the game map files and show you the world.

Coulnd't find any thread with this before so through I should point it out. Have not tried it myself since I don't even own the game.

http://wowmapview.sourceforge.net/
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Apr 2 2005, 03:37 PM Wrote:Found a nice maping program that appears to let you move arround anywere in the world, even places normally not accessible thorugh game play. Appearntly you basically "fly" arround. Of course, there is no game content, just the map. The program basically seem to use the game map files and show you the world.

Coulnd't find any thread with this before so through I should point it out. Have not tried it myself since I don't even own the game.

http://wowmapview.sourceforge.net/
[right][snapback]72766[/snapback][/right]

Very nice program. I browsed through different maps available, including Outland and Battleground instances 1 and 2. One of the more memorable areas was development, where this interesting screenshot was taken:

[Image: Interesting.jpg]

Suddenly it all falls into place.

Mmm...

I get this kind of feeling...
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=arch...2004-09-24

Especially the last frame >_O
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Does this have GM Island on it?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Apr 4 2005, 12:32 PM Wrote:Does this have GM Island on it?

-Bolty
[right][snapback]72902[/snapback][/right]

There is an island waaaay out of reach (about distance of 2-3 zones from shore) on Kalimdor map, but it only has a single house on it (about the size of an Inn) and is somewhat small. It may or may not be it - but small as it is, it would fit the description of "not reachable by normal means". It has also a little dock, so <rampant speculation>
there might be an NPC that teleports GM's to it, but is only accessible/visible based on some reputation status or something similar to Caer Darrow invisible NPCs. Through digging in MPQs one might find some info about this and find a way to get to the island.
</rampant speculation>

Also, Outland is "possibly" reachable even now. Physically it's located somewhat south-west of Azeroth main continent, and is "only" about a zone distance away. Quite a spectacular landscape. Once I get home, I'll take screenshots of the two continent maps to give you a better idea.

A strange thing that I noticed was that I could not find Emerald Dream. Although I have not looked below Ashenvale as opposed to some unreachable land.
Hmm, every time I try to run it the screen blacks out and then I get a crash error.
[Image: GMIsland.jpg]

This is a picture of GM Island, and its location relative to Kalimdor. There is a little graveyard hidden behind trees as well, but that seems to be it.

As for problems with the viewer, I really have no idea. =(
Bolty,Apr 4 2005, 04:32 AM Wrote:Does this have GM Island on it?

-Bolty
[right][snapback]72902[/snapback][/right]

Somehow, I just imagine the GMs hanging out and smoking behind the inn, in between blowing off their calls.

[Image: dinosaur.jpg]