Buggy Channels
According to Stormrage's server, Ramala is a moderator and has been so since Tuesday night (even when offline). I'm still messaging GM/Support trying to get myself out of that channel (so that I can actually get in it according to my client).

Just beware, I think I know exactly what caused this and I'm warning you guys so you don't do it yourselves. During one of Stormrage's shaky nights (Tuesday), I tried to Logout and was stuck sitting there ingame. Usually at this point I Alt-F4 to get out. That day I decided to sit and wait, while alt-tabbing back and forth between a browser.

When you're stuck like this, chances are the game has already kicked you out of all the chat channels you were in. I decided to try something: I did another "/join Lurkers" and sure enough, I could then chat in the channel again. Don't do this!. I had done this once before, but ended up Alt-F4'ing and closing the game. This time, the game finally kicked me out when Eastern Kingdoms crashed, but it left my character in the channel according to the server. Thus, there will be an extra-quiet Ramala moderating the Lurkers channel for awhile. Say hi to him, but don't expect a response :blink:.

Oh, yeah, if anyone gets moderation rights in Lurkers somehow, please kick Ramala out for me :). Then I won't have to wait for Blizzard to realize the problem is server-side, not client-side.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Mar 17 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:Thus, there will be an extra-quiet Ramala moderating the Lurkers channel for awhile.  Say hi to him, but don't expect a response  :blink:.
[right][snapback]71061[/snapback][/right]
So this is why the abuse of Ramala I saw earlier today. ;) I saw the cries of "Leave!" and was wondering what the deal was.
Intolerant monkey.
Quark this happened to me right after the last patch with two of my characters being stuck in the lurkers channel even when off line. Since I did not do any of the things that you describe, I doubt that was what caused your charcter to be stuck in the channel. As for being the moderator that is passed on to another character either by command or when the moderator leave the channel and it is passed automatically to the next character in the list. Since the Ramala that is holding that position is not leaving the channel there will not be anyone else that can take that position to do the kick.

However there is a fairly easy way to fix this. Log onto the game with Ramala. Then type in chat :
/leave lurkers

At that point it should remove Remala from the list and allow you to rejoin then. That is what I had to do with each of my characters that had been stuck in the channel.
Ruvanal,Mar 17 2005, 04:16 PM Wrote:However there is a fairly easy way to fix this.  Log onto the game with Ramala.  Then type in chat :
/leave lurkers
[right][snapback]71084[/snapback][/right]

Nope, tried that. Simply wouldn't do anything.
Only "/chatlist Lurkers" has any effect whatsoever, and I tried every chat command I could think of.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Finally fixed it.

"/moderate Lurkers" worked for me, and re-enabled access to some other commands. So then I banned myself, and Rylea kindly unbanned me allowing me to rejoin the channel :) Thanks again, Skan!