Interesting post from WoW general forum.
Darian,Mar 22 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:I would go so far as to say it's not just possible, but extremely likely, that something as innocuous as an item/content update can and will wreck a WoW server at some point.
[right][snapback]71485[/snapback][/right]
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this hadn't already happened, actually. We don't get crash details and generally when you finally FIND the bug that brought your system down it's pretty embarassing because once you've found it it always seems so stupid and obvious.
savaughn,Mar 22 2005, 02:43 PM Wrote:I wouldn't be at all surprised if this hadn't already happened, actually.[right][snapback]71490[/snapback][/right]

Wouldn't doubt it.

And for clarification, when I said "item/content update" I was referring to minor little fixes. I think we all know any major update is going to break things at this point... ;D
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Mar 22 2005, 01:09 PM Wrote:Wouldn't doubt it.

And for clarification, when I said "item/content update" I was referring to minor little fixes.  I think we all know any major update is going to break things at this point... ;D
[right][snapback]71505[/snapback][/right]
I know. It still happens though. Someone at blizz is going to reword a text entry and forget they needed to test it and find out it's too long for a function and crash the game, or something similarly silly.

Why does Blizz never tell us what else they changed during patches and maintenance? Accute embarassment, I'm sure. :P