Auriaya's cast sequence
I posted this on our guild website to help the next tank in the Auriaya encounter.

Auriaya's Sentinel Blast spell must be interrupted after she fears with Terrifying Shriek.

Watching for the DBM prompt "Sentinel Blast - Interrupt" doesn't work, so after some trial and error the sequence of events is clear.

The problem is the Terrifying Shriek mechanic. Magmadar, in MC, fears every thirty seconds without showing anything in his cast bar. Nightbane, in Kara, shows Bellowing Roar in his cast bar, and fears at the end of the cast. Auriaya does it differently: she fears, and then shows Terrifying Screech in her cast bar.

Maybe this is a bug because the Terrifying Shriek cast interval is useless: she already has feared. Maybe this is supposed to provide some time to recover from the fear. This isn't necessary because Auriaya's tank is never feared, in the following sequence:

1. Look for the DBM countdown bar to the next Terrifying Shriek.
2. Hit Berserker Rage two seconds before the countdown ends to become immune to fear.
3. Wait for, and ignore, the Terrifying Screech cast.
4. Ignore the DBM prompt to interrupt Sentinel Blast.
5. Wait for, and interrupt, the precast to Sentinel Blast to prevent it from being channeled.

If the precast isn't interrupted, Auriaya will channel Sentinel Blast, and although this can probably be interrupted, massive damage will ensue from the very beginning.

This sequence occurs every 30 seconds, exactly. The only exception is late in the fight, when she might not cast Sentinel Blast after fearing if a void zone is forming.

This is probably old news. I am posting to hear if anyone else thinks that her fearing and then casting the fear is a bug, because it doesn't make sense to me.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:This is probably old news. I am posting to hear if anyone else thinks that her fearing and then casting the fear is a bug, because it doesn't make sense to me.

It is not a bug. It exists to add difficulty to the encounter because not every guild uses a warrior as MT on Auriya. <.<
Quote:It is not a bug. It exists to add difficulty to the encounter because not every guild uses a warrior as MT on Auriya. <.<

Tremor totem rules on Auri.
--Mav
I've never experienced what you've described. I've always seen the Terrifying Shriek cast start... Finish... And then fear the raid.

During the fear, she starts casting Sentinel Blast. Once the cast finishes, it starts channeling. Kicking either the cast or the channel will stop incoming damage.