Hunters, AotH, and Maintainance
MongoJerry,Mar 2 2005, 03:00 PM Wrote:Nearly all Blizzard employees who are a part of WoW development play WoW like crack addicts, I understand, including on the PvP server.  It takes time to fix bugs and add new content, and things have to be prioritized.
[right][snapback]69578[/snapback][/right]
That makes me happy. They should lie in the bed they made. It would still be harder to keep tabs on the performance of all servers, in relation to the experience they might be having. Do they play after 6pm server time, or on weekends? Do they play on the overpopulated servers?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Mar 2 2005, 07:41 PM Wrote:That makes me happy.  They should lie in the bed they made.  It would still be harder to keep tabs on the performance of all servers, in relation to the experience they might be having.  Do they play after 6pm server time, or on weekends?  Do they play on the overpopulated servers?
[right][snapback]69602[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure they do. GFrazier's guild has a large presence on Tichcondrius and he wasn't the only Blizzard player in it. Most of Blizzard employees are avid gamers and all the interviews I have seen with them since WoW has been released mentions that the person plays. There was one on, I think it was, Gamespot where one of the programmers said he even called in sick to play. But I might be confusing that whole deal with other things I've seen.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Sorry for a late reply, but I just saw a post by Kalgan today, and my second response didn't really merit it's own post.

Xanthix,Mar 2 2005, 12:32 PM Wrote:Actually, I think Paladins, Rogues, and Hunters DO hit 3-5% more often. In the big warrior reply, Blizzard said that the miss rates for all warrior special abilities was 9-10% instead of the 5% it should have been. So if as a Rogue about half your hits are special abilities/spells, then you ARE hitting about 2.5% of the time more than Warriors.

From Kalgan:
Quote:It's not often that I can come here and report with some degree of sadness that the bug players reported that we thought we had been able to reproduce turned out to not really exist. =[

Unfortunately, as discovered through further testing, warrior special abilites are hitting just as often as they should be. It turns out that the testing on the bug I confirmed was flawed, the result of an obscure translation of a normal combat event (block) into a "miss" event by the client. Hopefully, the elimination of said translations should lead to far less confusion regarding miss rates.

So again, I apologize that there was no bug to fix. =[

When I first heard about this "bug" I had wondered why it would only apply to Warrior Special attacks, and not just all. I had no numbers to back anything up, but it didn't seem very intuitive that only Warrior's special attacks, and not regular attacks or any other classes' specials, would be affected. Turns out nothing was affected :P

Quote:And I agree with Artega about Precision: you'll get no sympathy from warriors that you have to spend 3-5 talent points to get Precision. Most warriors would spend ten or twenty talent points to get it!
[right][snapback]69562[/snapback][/right]

So now in order to not see five misses in a row, I'm forced to go combat build? It's not 5 points to get Precision, it's pushing yourself far enough into Combat's tree so that you can't go as far as you want in another tree. At level 59, I couldn't imagine playing my Rogue at this point without Improved Sap, and Seal Fate has really increased my versatility. I take the streakiness that goes with that, since I can sit there spamming Sinister Strike for a full 5 seconds without it hitting once. I also see times where a simple Ambush + Sinister Strike + Eviscerate means a dead mob. People always remember the worst of random, not the best (how about all those "roll hack threads?).

I'm not saying it's fair that there's no Warrior Precision talent. I just don't think it's fair to dismiss all Rogues/Paladins/Hunters talking about miss-rates because they can get a talent. The miss rates themselves aren't the problem. I have them, and I'm fine. It's issues specific to the Warrior that are problematic.

It's not easy to say "Well, this skill could use a little less of this, a little more of this, and how about this ..." for 10 different skills in a classes' use. It's a lot easier to say "We miss too much" and then everyone agrees and decides that's where the problem is.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!