Looking for website-related advice.
If there are any knowledgeable people here on the above topic, I would greatly appreciate your input on this problem I have.

I am trying to set up a little website that has a layout that will display the usual news system, latest 10 news and any related images for that article.

Although this can be done manually, I really want to take a step AWAY from that way of creating a website. All my previous incarnations on the web have all failed due to the fact that it ( in the end ) became too cumbersome to keep doing things manually.
Re-doing the page might be worthwhile when you are more than 1 person, but this is becoming a real headache for me.

Any ideas? I have looked at some php sites, trying to find some kind of solution ( free news packages come to mind ) but they all are plagued by lousy documentation and virtually no customization available.

I have a proper host that supports php and mysql. I even have a nifty interface for my database so that I can easily add/remove tables and add entries left and right.

So, harken unto my words and come forth and spread the light of enlightenment upon my weary head lest I fall into the ravine of hopelessness.

Help?

-Alrin
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Alrin,Mar 1 2005, 11:55 AM Wrote:If there are any knowledgeable people here on the above topic, I would greatly appreciate your input on this problem I have.

I am trying to set up a little website that has a layout that will display the usual news system, latest 10 news and any related images for that article.

Although this can be done manually, I really want to take a step AWAY from that way of creating a website. All my previous incarnations on the web have all failed due to the fact that it ( in the end ) became too cumbersome to keep doing things manually.
Re-doing the page might be worthwhile when you are more than 1 person, but this is becoming a real headache for me.

Any ideas? I have looked at some php sites, trying to find some kind of solution ( free news packages come to mind ) but they all are plagued by lousy documentation and virtually no customization available.

I have a proper host that supports php and mysql. I even have a nifty interface for my database so that I can easily add/remove tables and add entries left and right.

So, harken unto my words and come forth and spread the light of enlightenment upon my weary head lest I fall into the ravine of hopelessness.

Help?

-Alrin
[right][snapback]69417[/snapback][/right]

Mambo
Tal,Mar 1 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:Mambo
[right][snapback]69418[/snapback][/right]

Thanks! This looks really promising, I will look into it immediately.

*hums a tune dangerously bad while downloading*
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]