Damage Reduction
I have several questions about damage reduction (both physical and magical). The type of reduction is the kind that Sol or Mal give. First, is there a cap on this type damage reduction. I know for %'s on items like rockstopper there is a cap, but what about items that give numbers instead of %'s? Second, what is the order of operations for calculating final damage dealt to you? For example, does "damage reduced by X" reduce damage before or after effects like energy shield reduce the damage? What about resistances for magic damage? Do resistances apply then magic damaged reduced or vice versa or both at the same time? Also, I've looked around for calculators for this type of question and haven't found any.....does anyone know of one for this type of calculation? Thank you.
You will find a lot of answers here.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Thanks for the link. I've noticed that there are alot of different calculators and mechanics pages but I don't know where they are all located. Are they centralized to one or two sites or are they just randomly created?
spirit0the60s,Feb 21 2005, 02:30 AM Wrote:Thanks for the link. I've noticed that there are alot of different calculators and mechanics pages but I don't know where they are all located. Are they centralized to one or two sites or are they just randomly created?
[right][snapback]68559[/snapback][/right]

The only centralized summary I know about is a compendium of links to various useful sites.

It is located here: Technical Lookup Tables at the Amazon Basin The folks at the AB have kindly compiled that list in one central spot. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake