Game Manuals
Mirajj,Feb 6 2005, 05:32 PM Wrote:I was wondering how long you folks keep your game manuals for. [right][snapback]67392[/snapback][/right]

Forever. Almost every game manual has at least one, if not m any, cool pictures that I like to keep. It's also part of my anal retentive streak.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
DeeBye,Feb 7 2005, 01:32 AM Wrote::shuriken:
[right][snapback]67425[/snapback][/right]

Actually, I wondered about the previous one but never did get around to enquiring about when / why you moved to London ? Purty town and all that, but not quite the Great White North (all claims to snow belt capital aside).
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I used to always keep every scrap of paper, boxes, manuals, and assorted knick-knacks that came with my games and technology. I filled two cupboards. Big built-in wardrobes, actually.

So I came to my senses. Now, I toss the boxes, take the CDs out and put them in a wallet, and toss the cases.

But I still keep my manuals.

Oh how I love them. Small rectangular packages of gaming joy. The times when I've bought a game, and been unable to play it, and contented myself reading the manual.
Some of my Favourites: BGII, Fallout 1&2, Dark Reign, NWN. FPSs don't really lend themselves to the art of the manual, and a good strategy or RPG manual will be chock-full of great descriptions of the game mechanics and reference material.