Warlock nerf?
Apparently some Warlocks have been posting claims of a "stealth nerf" by Blizzard to make the Imp have less health and the Succubus' Seduction ability last for a shorter period of time in PvP than it used to. I haven't actually verified any of this myself, but if true, it leaves a rather sour taste in my mouth since Blizzard has, at no time, stated they were making those changes.

Hopefully it's either a bug or people are just blowing smoke. I would hope Blizzard would make some sort of an announcement if they were going to change something.

Read more here.
-TheDragoon
Tyren has created a sticky about it Here.

According to Tyren there have been no known changes, and they are testing to see if something went errant.

Of course, there seems to be a huge confusion on the boards (from these people who are "seeing the nerf") as to whether this is PvP, PvE, both, on some servers, all servers, part of some "hotfix" (where no maintanance was done in the time they're claiming it happened), etc, etc.

I haven't seen a clear and coherent post from one person saying that Warlocks have in fact been nerfed. Are they being (rightly) irrational because of a stealthed changed or are we just dealing with the usual idiots who talk about classes they don't play (or play well)?

Hmm, maybe I'll find something to start a riot about, say non-existant changes to Rogues, and see how many people follow me ... Philosophy majors should do research on those boards.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Philosophy majors should do research on those boards.
Indeed! :)

As I said, I would hope that it's just a case where people saw a "trend" over 3 uses of the skill and decided to cry "Nerf!" Earlier this morning I saw several "eyewitness" posts about it so I figured I might give the heads-up in case there was some substance to it.

I'd have researched this a bit more before posting, but I had to run off to class. :) I'll look more into it later tonight, probably, after I finish tagging along with my girlfriend as she shops for a banquet dress.

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Quark. :)
-TheDragoon
Quark,Jan 26 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:Tyren has created a sticky about it Here.

Philosophy majors should do research on those boards.
[right][snapback]66466[/snapback][/right]

Why would philosophy majors want to research the habits of scatterbrained jagovs?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jan 28 2005, 03:10 PM Wrote:Why would philosophy majors want to research the habits of scatterbrained jagovs?

Occhi
[right][snapback]66607[/snapback][/right]

To discover why people so easily become lemmings?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Occhidiangela,Jan 28 2005, 03:10 PM Wrote:Why would philosophy majors want to research the habits of scatterbrained jagovs?

Occhi
[right][snapback]66607[/snapback][/right]

Good science requires a large sample size.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,Jan 28 2005, 07: Wrote:Good science requires a large sample size.
[right][snapback]66631[/snapback][/right]
I think it was a joke.

You've been playing entirely too much WoW :)

Edit: Scratch. *I* have been playing entirely too much WoW! Sorry Bun
The error occurred on line -1.
Bun-Bun,Jan 28 2005, 05: Wrote:Good science requires a large sample size.
[right][snapback]66631[/snapback][/right]

OK, seems to make initial sense, but I am now confused as to why philosophy majors would be interested in large stool samples in the first place! :lol: Or even lots of stool samples. The fly attraction problem alone would be a huge disincentive!

Occhi

*wonders where sanity got left this morning. Aha, there it is, I think, twitching and writhing in the moist grounds of the discarded coffee filter . . .*
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Good god.

Nerfing the warlock by dropping imp health? First, why would anyone ever come to that conclusion and second, why would Blizzard ever do that?

Imps die in two situations. When they get aggro and when they get AoE'd. And well, they die real quick like.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake