Intellect buffs affecting skill learning rate?
I heard from someone online that Intellect buffs actually allow you to learn weapon skills and profession skills faster...is this true, or not? If so, where can I load up on Intellect buffs? ^_^
Cyath,Jan 21 2005, 09:04 AM Wrote:I heard from someone online that Intellect buffs actually allow you to learn weapon skills and profession skills faster...is this true, or not? If so, where can I load up on Intellect buffs? ^_^
[right][snapback]66039[/snapback][/right]

Yes it does. Ask a mage for an intellect buff or get Wisdom potions.
Depending on your class and what skill you're building up, the difference can be negligible.
Cyath,Jan 21 2005, 06:04 AM Wrote:I heard from someone online that Intellect buffs actually allow you to learn weapon skills and profession skills faster...is this true, or not? If so, where can I load up on Intellect buffs? ^_^

I don't believe that's true of profession skills, but it is true for weapon skills. It's a significant effect for fighter classes that don't wear much if any +int gear -- warriors and rogues, in particular.
I believe Mongos right. Its pretty much accepted that it only helps with combat type skills. I rememeber that crafters were dissappointed about this a long time ago.
Cyath, are you playing a rogue or warrior?