Interesting Message
I am a bit puzzled by the message I am getting when I shoot with my bow. I am wondering if this is something I can fix with a change to the interface? I have not played this character much, however, I am starting to like him.

Tucoakadarat is a very young Troll hunter on Tichondrius, whose bow shots all initially trigger "too far away" message even when he is within range and shoots to hit.

I have axe on hot key 1 and bow on 3. Right click to identify target, select 3. Message tells me I am too far away, but I shoot arrows. I tried changing slots for weapons, but it did not change the message.

The "out of range" message worked correctly.

Is this a bug, or operator error on the interface options that I can fix?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jan 4 2005, 09:06 AM Wrote:I am a bit puzzled by the message I am getting when I shoot with my bow.  I am wondering if this is something I can fix with a change to the interface?  I have not played this character much, however, I am starting to like him.

Tucoakadarat is a very young Troll hunter on Tichondrius, whose bow shots all initially trigger "too far away" message even when he is within range and shoots to hit.

I have axe on hot key 1 and bow on 3.  Right click to identify target, select 3.  Message tells me I am too far away, but I shoot arrows.  I tried changing slots for weapons, but it did not change the message.

The "out of range" message worked correctly.

Is this a bug, or operator error on the interface options that I can fix?

Occhi
[right][snapback]64288[/snapback][/right]

It's the right click on the target. Right click isn't identify, it is melee attack. When you right click it is the same is hitting the one key (unless you changed what was there). When you hit three you override melee and go into autoshot, but you are still getting the "out of range" message from trying to melee.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Jan 4 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:It's the right click on the target.  Right click isn't identify, it is melee attack.  When you right click it is the same is hitting the one key (unless you changed what was there).  When you hit three you override melee and go into autoshot, but you are still getting the "out of range" message from trying to melee.
[right][snapback]64310[/snapback][/right]

I suspected as much, is there a way to change the interface so that the right click is missile attack? I will look at the config options again tonight, I might have missed a detail that will allow me to do that. Thanks.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete