Christmas Presents
Cash and gift cards! So versatile....so many goodies..so.....great!

RTE :D
Ran off to the Amazon Basin
My brother gave me a green shirt that reads on the front:

"Soylent Green is people!"

:lol:

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Ah, Christmas time. While in the States, it is my favorite time of the year. I like the actual Christmas holiday, but the time before it is what I really enjoy. After Christmas is over, it is more of a depressing feeling.

Winter is my favorite season, for I love the cold weather. The time before Christmas (November till) just gives me a better feeling for the miserable life I lead. It makes coffee, tea, and cocoa much more enjoyable. Sitting by a fireplace, reading a good book. I enjoy shopping for gifts for others (and myself). Just a more enjoyable time for me despite other things.

But every year Christmas just gets worse. It is my poor attitude, but the issues I deal with comply with the inevitable (or maybe not) departure.

As for gifts, I do not heed them much. I can never get what I want most. However, I did get to see certain family members and friends. I was able to see my cat-friends as well, which is always great. It is wonderful to wake up in the morning and enjoy a good cup of coffee and good conversation...and watch my furry friends.

I recall when I was younger (and much less inhibited), how joyous the actual gift receiving used to be. Sure it was great to be with my family, but I was mainly just interested in the gifts despite saying otherwise. Many probably experience this change, but whatever.

Ah, but as for the actual gifts. I did not request any (and have not for years now), but one of my sisters bought my the Vampire Chronicles (books) by Anne Rice. A joined gift of the collector's edition of the final LotR movie. A gift from two friends, the Harry Potter trilogy (movies).
-degrak
Using more than one question mark does not make it anymore of a question.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
ShadowHM,Dec 29 2004, 12:14 PM Wrote:So what is the single present you are the most pleased about now?
[right][snapback]63820[/snapback][/right]
Well, most pleased about would be one I gave rather than received. I drove my family 800 miles south to spend Christmas with their grandma. It was a special treat for my mother and my children.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]