Removal of sockets
Greetings Lurkers,

Either it doesn't work right or I have been mislead by the description on the Arreat Summit.
My confusion extends from this formula.
Quote:1 Hel Rune + Scroll of Town Portal + Any Socketed Item = Unsocket that item
Warning: This will destroy any gems, runes, or jewels you have socketed. This is useful if you are not happy with the gems you have socketed and you want to socket the item in another way.

Before
[Image: Screenshot054.jpg]

After
[Image: Screenshot055.jpg]

I have "wasted" two HEL runes doing this. My attempt was simple, "Unsocket" the want. Then, use the following formula:
Quote:1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.
To create a two socket wand and make a nice Bonespear specialized White (DOL IO) runeword.

If this does work correctly, then does it work this way (remove gem/rune and leave socket) for uniques/sets/rares/magical items that have had socket(s) added with Larzuk quest?
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
Chameleon,Dec 4 2004, 12:48 AM Wrote:If this does work correctly, then does it work this way (remove gem/rune and leave socket) for uniques/sets/rares/magical items that have had socket(s) added with Larzuk quest?
[right][snapback]61869[/snapback][/right]

It is working correctly. It's supposed to destroy any socket-fillers and leave the sockets, and that's exactly what it does. It works that way for any socketed item, regardless of where the sockets came from and what's in them.

There's no way to do what you want. You cannot actually remove the sockets and you cannot add more sockets to an item that already has one or more.
Also, yew wands cannot have 2 sockets.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect