Auctions and mail
I don't know if this would be considered an exploit. My first question would be - how many mails can you have waiting for you? If this is a large or unlimited number, mail seems to be exploitable as storage. It appears that Bliz wants to limit storage given the increasing price of bag slots in the bank. If you put something up for auction and it is not sold, it is mailed back to you. If you don't touch the return mail, it will survive there for 30 days. All you have to do is auction something in a short auction with a ridiculous price so it won't be bought. Voila! - 30 day storage for the price of posting an auction. Another nice thing about this is that you have storage in any location that has a mailbox. You don't have to make a trip to a bank to grab things. Am I missing something as to why this can't be exploited? I realized it when I got some potions back and didn't want to carry them in inventory but didn't want to just sell them to vendor either. Is there any hint that Bliz will somehow undo this?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Even cheaper solution mail it to an Alt. Hold it for 28 days or so and return it. =)

That's what I did with my hunter in the beta. He used a turtle as a pet for a long time, but unfortunately turtles are picky eaters who only eat fruit and fungus. In addition, I found that many areas didn't have a conventient vendor who sold ammo. So, I had my priestess mail lots of fruit and ammo to my hunter. That way, wherever there was a mailbox, he always had a convenient source of fruit and ammo.
Tal,Nov 29 2004, 03:55 PM Wrote:Even cheaper solution mail it to an Alt. Hold it for 28 days or so and return it. =)
[right][snapback]61543[/snapback][/right]
D'oh! You can tell I don't look for ways to exploit games. Of course, to use an alt would mean that you would actually have to spend precious time with the alt rather than spending every waking moment with your special one. :)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."