Watch your CD's carefully!
I got through the 40 minutes of the first 3 CD's and then I put in my 4th CD. It copied some and then hit an error and completely exited the installer When I pulled the CD out I realized that I had somehow gotten a nice oily finger print on it. But since the installer completely quit that means starting over with disc one. Just thought I would let people know about this little bug in the installer that doesn't even let you pop the CD to check it on a file read error. Just take a good like at the disc before putting it in the drive.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I think I'll be keeping my beta client on a spare hard drive then just in case I need to reinstall later.
Dyntheos,Nov 23 2004, 11:34 PM Wrote:I think I'll be keeping my beta client on a spare hard drive then just in case I need to reinstall later.
[right][snapback]61063[/snapback][/right]
Hehe. I uninstalled WoW after the open beta because I forgot that it was the same thing as what was coming in the box. I had the beta download on my USB backup drive and installed from there last night. The server even let me patch it last night (lost the patch in the uninstall). The only thing I needed from the box today was my key and I was good to go. This actually worked out great because my DVD/CD combo drive in my laptop has a a very difficult time reading most CDs. I think I'll just leave it there unless I really become desperate for space.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Gnollguy,Nov 23 2004, 11:31 PM Wrote:I got through the 40 minutes of the first 3 CD's and then I put in my 4th CD.  It copied some and then hit an error and completely exited the installer  When I pulled the CD out I realized that I had somehow gotten a nice oily finger print on it.  But since the installer completely quit that means starting over with disc one.  Just thought I would let people know about this little bug in the installer that doesn't even let you pop the CD to check it on a file read error.  Just take a good like at the disc before putting it in the drive.
[right][snapback]61062[/snapback][/right]

We likes the "no CD in the drive to play," precious. :)

Of course, last message from Blizz was "the following realms are down for a few hours for maintenance." We hates it precious, we hates it!! Hssssssssss. Alleria and Stormrage . . .

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete