Mozilla Firefox 1.0 is released
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

It's only a 4.7 MB download, so it's worth the time to check it out. 1.0 seems a lot zippier than the 0.90 build I was using.

Also, the people behind Firefox are apparently planning to run a full-page ad in the New York Times sometime this week announcing the release of 1.0.
DeeBye,Nov 9 2004, 08:35 PM Wrote:1.0 seems a lot zippier than the 0.90 build I was using.
[right][snapback]59818[/snapback][/right]
So you never tried 1.0PR (0.10.1)? I will have to check the forums and see how the migration from 1.0PR to 1.0 is going for folks. I hate the thought of having to set up all my extensions again. I love them but hate the process of getting them going again on a new release. Maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and hope that the ones that are installed now will all be 1.0 release compatible.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Nov 9 2004, 11:32 PM Wrote:So you never tried 1.0PR (0.10.1)?  I will have to check the forums and see how the migration from 1.0PR to 1.0 is going for folks.  I hate the thought of having to set up all my extensions again.  I love them but hate the process of getting them going again on a new release.  Maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and hope that the ones that are installed now will all be 1.0 release compatible.
[right][snapback]59830[/snapback][/right]

I've been an avid user since the Phoenix days. I regularly upgraded when each new version came out. When I got to 0.9 I realised that I really hated it when all my extensions and themes were broken with each new release. I told myself that I'd never update Firefox until 1.0 was released, and now it has.

I used to rely on extensions to customize Firefox to work the way I wanted it to, but now I realize that editting about:config can do 99% of my customization without having to resort to extensions. I still love the themes (Smoke 4ever), but I have to wait for the server to become un-slashdotted before I can install it.