Patch is here!
Tal,Nov 7 2004, 07:37 PM Wrote:I have created a Sharanna on the PvP server and tried to whisper Mongo to help out by signing the charter before the servers went down again. I suggest we all do that and then the PvP'ers could help us on the Beta server by signing ours. Roane has the gold to help us get a tabbard since I spent what I had to buy some spells.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]59594[/snapback][/right]

We should also try meeting in IF or SW as well for people on PvE. Taha can summon people in if need be (she's in Dun Morogh right now).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Tal,Nov 7 2004, 07:37 PM Wrote:I have created a Sharanna on the PvP server and tried to whisper Mongo to help out by signing the charter before the servers went down again. I suggest we all do that and then the PvP'ers could help us on the Beta server by signing ours. Roane has the gold to help us get a tabbard since I spent what I had to buy some spells.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]59594[/snapback][/right]

I also have more than enough money on Taha to create the guild as well.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Lissa,Nov 7 2004, 04:05 PM Wrote:Looking over the notes, Priests got hit by the nerf stick again...sigh...

We got new quest spells (cool), no facing requirement for 4 spells (Shackle, MC, SW:P, and Soothe), but they now require reagents for PW:F at lv 4+ and Levitate, they also have made Shackle and MC break more easily (with the changes to Undead, Shackle is very limited already, so why change it to break early?  Also, why make MC break even easier, most Priests don't use it now becaue it takes them out of the fight too), and Res is no longer useable in combat.
[right][snapback]59573[/snapback][/right]

Armor is back to low levels again from a few months ago, but looks like spells either go missed or they missed updating them as the highest level Inner Fire is still doing 930 Armor... :P

Lissa,Nov 7 2004, 11:09 PM Wrote:I also have more than enough money on Taha to create the guild as well.
[right][snapback]59600[/snapback][/right]

I have the guild ready on PvE. Just need signers. :)
Tal,Nov 7 2004, 08:25 PM Wrote:I have the guild ready on PvE. Just need signers. :)
[right][snapback]59604[/snapback][/right]

Question is, where are you?

Lissa,Nov 7 2004, 11:12 PM Wrote:Armor is back to low levels again from a few months ago, but looks like spells either go missed or they missed updating them as the highest level Inner Fire is still doing 930 Armor...  :P
[right][snapback]59601[/snapback][/right]

Mine isn't. And with the protection talents its even higher. :D
Lissa,Nov 7 2004, 09:12 PM Wrote:Armor is back to low levels again from a few months ago, but looks like spells either go missed or they missed updating them as the highest level Inner Fire is still doing 930 Armor...  :P
[right][snapback]59601[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, my little leather wearing tauren hunter lost about 10 armor rating on each piece of armor. Though I did notice that some of the leatherworking forms became better than some of the common stuff to buy and find. I know that gypsy wristbands went from 30 to 22 armor and suddenly the once crappy hand stiched bracers that I didn't buy because the gypsy stuff I had found was better armor were sitting at 28 armor. So I coughed up the copper and made some new armor.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Lissa,Nov 7 2004, 11:28 PM Wrote:Question is, where are you?
[right][snapback]59605[/snapback][/right]

I'm in IF if anyone can get on and sign.
Ruvanal,Nov 7 2004, 06:04 PM Wrote:From the warrior notes.
- Taunt: Now gives the target just enough threat to attack you. 
Cooldown added.

Similar text on other taunt like effects. 

So effectively Taunt will set the taunters aggro to max+1 so that if successful it will automatically pull the aggro off of anyone.  Big change, especially considering how it was so broken in the last patch.
[right][snapback]59580[/snapback][/right]

It looks like ranger pets get that same type of taunt. My kitty was holding aggro when I tested, where before she just couldn't, ever. Now she gets up there growls and the critters attack her. They even stay after my arcane shot hits them, which didn't happen before either. So pets are working a lot better now.

Low level hunters also got class quests, which is nice. You get to temporarily tame several different critters. Neat to see how different critters work.

All in all low level hunters are tougher than they were before. Things are just a lot easier to do.

Finally I must say they fixed the stuck animation bugs! I don't get stuck in fishing or bandaging or waving or healing the pet animations until the next log out anymore! Hoooray!
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Bolty,Nov 7 2004, 09:04 PM Wrote:Oh come on now, you know that until you try out the changes, there's no way to know for sure what's happened.  Each class, when they finally get talents, gets reworked - that's their M.O.

Of course, they're still doing major reworks to class balance 2 weeks before retail, but I suppose I'm just a broken record on this by now.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]59591[/snapback][/right]

No kidding. I thought the other day you were being a little pessimistic, but now I'm not so sure.

Blizzard is making sweeping changes to the game just weeks before release. It seems to me like most of the good things people liked about WoW have all been a farce. I feel like Blizzard is going about their balancing in all the wrong ways. Why even add in reagents... just subtract a few silver everytime someone casts a buff.

I think Blizzard realized that on release their economy was going to be badlly broken. Oh wait, here comes durability and reagents. Ohh and that's not all, now everyone gets to pay money for dying.

Instead of punishing players for playing badly, why not reward them for playing well?

I won't comment on the class changes because I just don't know enough to make an informed comment.

If the durability loss on death stays in the game I doubt that I will be playing beyond my one free month. These changes (especially the durability ones) just don't add any fun to the game.

What's next? A parking ticket iif I leave my mount in a no parking zone? :)

At least I get a free month to see how things are before I really need to deciide if I should get a subscription.

Smithy

EDIT: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post534746

Check out that link.It's a thread about the ragnaros raid encounter. 15 Elite Spawn. Has a link to some pics as well. Seems interesting.,
smithy,Nov 7 2004, 11:51 PM Wrote:No kidding.  I thought the other day you were being a little pessimistic, but now I'm not so sure.

Blizzard is making sweeping changes to the game just weeks before release.  It seems to me like most of the good things people liked about WoW have all been a farce.  I feel like Blizzard is going about their balancing in all the wrong ways.  Why even add in reagents... just subtract a few silver everytime someone casts a buff.

I think Blizzard realized that on release their economy was going to be badlly broken.  Oh wait, here comes durability and reagents.  Ohh and that's not all, now everyone gets to pay money for dying.
[right][snapback]59618[/snapback][/right]

I don't consider myself pessimistic, I consider myself objective - MMORPGs seem to get away with not being ready on releases and are held to different standards than other genres. If Halo II shipped with 2 weapons missing and a combat system that wasn't complete, promised to be added later, it would be ripped a new one in reviews. But I just want to add in another point - if you think griefing was bad on the PvP server before, imagine it now that dying costs you cash. This turns the non-PvP PvP system from a minor aggravation with the ganking and corpse camping to a really nasty no-fun situation.

2 weeks to go!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Tal,Nov 7 2004, 11:25 PM Wrote:I have the guild ready on PvE. Just need signers. :)
[right][snapback]59604[/snapback][/right]

The Lurkers have been reformed on the PvE server. Much thanks to those that hung around while we got everyone together and to Hykim (Bun-Bun?) for the donation of the bribe money. Much much thanks got to Roane for the gold to purchase our new tabard and to Lissa's patience while I tried to get everything right. Unfortunately I didn't get it so right as I the background I picked out looks to be Maroonish heading to brown. It has a man's hooded face in gold with gold trim. I noticed as I ran around different colored environments that the background looks black at a distance or deep red if you're in Ironforge. Or we can just say that I was trying to match the colors of the site. ;)

The following folks are able to invite people into the guild:

Sharanna
Orisella
Hykim
Phoston
EllenADale (Yay another 60! Now we just have to get Tana and Zaira up there ;))
Zaira

They can only promote to Old Timer - I'll be able to promote everyone else to Lurker.
Tal,Nov 8 2004, 07:53 AM Wrote:The Lurkers have been reformed on the PvE server.
[right][snapback]59632[/snapback][/right]
If the guild is open to anyone, even us n00bs, I would enjoy an invite. How does guild membership work? Is it by account or by character? Does an invite to one character apply to all the player's characters? I have 2 so far - LochnarCO and Lochnarious. The account is Lochnar. Thanks.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Nov 8 2004, 06:38 PM Wrote:If the guild is open to anyone, even us n00bs, I would enjoy an invite.  How does guild membership work?  Is it by account or by character?  Does an invite to one character apply to all the player's characters?  I have 2 so far - LochnarCO and Lochnarious.  The account is Lochnar.  Thanks.
[right][snapback]59669[/snapback][/right]

Its by character. Whisper any of us for an invite on both characters. :)

Edit: But you have to be on the regular Beta server to be invited. I believe Crusader is trying to reform the Test 1 guild as well.
Tal,Nov 8 2004, 06:53 AM Wrote:The Lurkers have been reformed on the PvE server.

Yep, and thanks to all our PvP brothers and sisters who came over to the PvP server to sign the charter. The Lurking Loungers is now up and running. Join the channel "Lurkers" to see who's on and get an invite.
Bolty,Nov 8 2004, 05:45 AM Wrote:I don't consider myself pessimistic, I consider myself objective - MMORPGs seem to get away with not being ready on releases and are held to different standards than other genres.  If Halo II shipped with 2 weapons missing and a combat system that wasn't complete, promised to be added later, it would be ripped a new one in reviews.  But I just want to add in another point - if you think griefing was bad on the PvP server before, imagine it now that dying costs you cash.  This turns the non-PvP PvP system from a minor aggravation with the ganking and corpse camping to a really nasty no-fun situation.

2 weeks to go!

-Bolty
[right][snapback]59629[/snapback][/right]

Blizzard has already made a patch on the servers about this. If you die in PvP, no durability loss.

Let's just hope they see the error of their ways and remove the reagents cause just looking at the forums shows how much people think it needs to be removed (like 95% say take it back out, and 50%+ were calling for a roll back of the patch on the forums because of the bad implementations on a number of things).