Act 5 Character Freeze
I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but heregoes:

There seems to be a problem with my character stopping in its tracks for no reason and this has happened to me twice.

Symptoms:
- single player in Act V on the Arreat Plateau (DII LoD version 1.10 with 1.10 patch)
- playing as Barbarian Lvl 32
- character has frozen in position and can't move anywhere, but environment around character still moves (which proves there's no lag if everything else can move fluently)
- can still trigger inventory, character stats, and even use a Town Portal
- warcries still work and still drain appropriate mana
- hired help still walks about with no trouble and the ALT key still highlights dropped items.
- happened once in a cleared area then the 2nd time happened after killing multiple monsters (Barb froze while swinging axe) - but everything was dead

The ONLY way out is to Save and Exit the game, which forces me to start over at the last waypoint and fight my way through all over again.

Does anyone have a solution for getting around this annoying glitch? I'd hate to get this far and not be able to finish the game.
Well, These are a few reasons it might be:
1. IF you use any hacks, then they might be obstructing you.

2. Maybe your computer is trying to minimize diablo 2, so it is stuck between the game and your desktop, but is still veiwing diablo2, so everytihng else works.

3.If it is a bug, Do anytihng in your power to try and fix it, I sometimes try to fix bugs on my own. Otherwise, e-mail blizzard if the problem persists.

4. try minimizing diablo2 and opening it again. Maybe that will help.
5. Try pressing a random key. For example, I had a bug where I could not use charge, and I pressed "w" and it went away. :rolleyes:

MikethemizJR
Dagan,Nov 4 2004, 06:29 PM Wrote:There seems to be a problem with my character stopping in its tracks for no reason and this has happened to me twice.

Does anyone have a solution for getting around this annoying glitch? I'd hate to get this far and not be able to finish the game.
[right][snapback]59273[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure this is a pretty common bug with leap, leap attack, or some baba combat skill. Paladins sometimes suffer from the same thing when Charging, but it's not as bad as it was in patch 1.04.

I can't remember what you can do to get out of it. I think hitting the weapon swap fixes this, but I honestly don't recall - I just don't play baba's. Good luck finding the answer to your question.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin