Good Barb Build?
Hey guys, just wondering what a good build for barbs in 1.10...my last one was a 1.09 s/s barb and he doesnt quite cut the cake in 1.10 if u get my drift. i was thinking making a mace barb using mauls, but what about stat/skill point distribution? is dex needed on a mace barb? please give me some feedback. Thanks! :huh:

-mobsta-

BTW: I do not have godly equipment on ladder, so keep that in mind.
[Image: DakkonBlackblade.jpg]

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
Well, you don't really explain what sort of build you are going to make.

Is it a Whirlwinder, a Concentrate Barb, a Berzerker or a Leaper?

Secondly, if you are not going to use a shield or a weapon that requires dex (such as a high-end polearm) there is really no point in boosting Dex.
The points are much better spent in Vitality. Things hit HARD nowadays.

Oh yeah, mauls are a good choice for a poor player since IK Stone Crushers are relatively easy to obtain.
Is a thrown weapons barb still viable in 1.10? Just thought I'd ask..
Sorry for the confusion. I am a maul barb, planning on using ww / bo and some zerk. Let me know what stat point allocation I should follow, as well as what skills i should max, etc. Thanks.
[Image: DakkonBlackblade.jpg]

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
AngryMob,Oct 20 2004, 01:55 PM Wrote:Sorry for the confusion.  I am a maul barb, planning on using ww / bo and some zerk.  Let me know what stat point allocation I should follow, as well as what skills i should max, etc.  Thanks.
[right][snapback]57786[/snapback][/right]

Umm, as I already said, if you are using mauls there is no point in putting points into Dex.

Strength should be sufficien to wear your heaviest gear, the rest should go into Life. Life is good!

If you plan on making some sort of WW hybrid, maybe you should consider Concentrate since it is synergised by Battle Orders (which all good barbarians max). Besides it is a really good left click attack to use once you whirlwinded into a horde of enemies.

Of course you should always have at least 1 point in Berzerk to deal with physical immunes and Iron Maiden.