Presidential Debate
kandrathe,Oct 26 2004, 07:55 AM Wrote:First, sure, we went there and caused havoc and kicked old Saddam out.  But, authorized the regime change in Iraq, and
I'm getting a little tired of the blame for everything bad that happens in Iraq being set on the US shoulders.  Shouldn't the Iraqi's be responsible for their people and their own evil actions?  How many people does the Netherlands have there anyway?  Easy enough to criticize what the US is doing while kicking back and enjoying the PINT Bokbierfestival.

I suspect you wouldn't be an advocate for the US to pack up and leave, so if not, then you could suck it up a little and tolerate a little human error once in a while or maybe just get up and talk Europe into getting involved a little more.  I'm sure our boys could use the help.
[right][snapback]58213[/snapback][/right]

We also have a few thousand troups over there. Our current government and prime minister almost go further than Bush. First they send troups, second we don't get any building contracts in return and third apparantly now for us the WMD story or 9/11 connection were NO reason to go and help the US in Iraq. It was just to help the US and GB!?!?

Anyway, I think you get me a bit wrong here. I am not trying to critize things that go wrong now in Iraq, like the problem with extremists and the fact that the country is by far not stable for the moment. Those are things that can happen, and bad judgement might be th only bad thing that the US has done here. But it is a war and those things you cannot predict. So I don't criticize this.

The point I'm angry about is the double standards of the Bush administration. If groundrights of the people in the US have to be violated they always have there speech ready: "it is for our safety" bla bla bla. At the same time luggage security is still below standards. It looks like they only want to scare the people, and only takle measures the people really feel and see to make sure that nobody forgets that "we are under attack", and vote for Bush of course. If you then see that at the same time nuclear material and 350 tons of high explosives go missing (under american responsability that makes you think. Was that not the reason to go to Iraq. The scare that Saddam might use weapons (via terrorists) to attack the western world) At least that was the reason that Bush made up, to make us believe it was neccessary. So the single most important reason to go to Iraq (the WMD/terrorist combo) seems now not to have the interest of Bush anymore.

So we have to stand in line for three hours to have our underwear checked if we want to step in a plane "for safety" and at the same time all kinds of dangerous material (that had been lying there and doing nothing for years) gets stolen under the eyes of the US.

eppie,Oct 26 2004, 03:31 AM Wrote:...
So we have to stand in line for three hours to have our underwear checked if we want to step in a plane "for safety" and at the same time all kinds of dangerous material (that had been lying there and doing nothing for years) gets stolen under the eyes of the US.
[right][snapback]58215[/snapback][/right]
Let's wait for the full story, from what I read it wasn't under the eyes of anyone. No one walks into an ammo dump and pilfers 380 tons of explosives away in their undergarments. I suspect that it was either trucked away somewhere and detonated or it was never secured and looted before the US was in control. The story smacks of election week.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Oct 26 2004, 09:09 AM Wrote:Let's wait for the full story, from what I read it wasn't under the eyes of anyone.  No one walks into an ammo dump and pilfers 380 tons of explosives away in their undergarments.  I suspect that it was either trucked away somewhere and detonated or it was never secured and looted before the US was in control.  The story smacks of election week.
[right][snapback]58216[/snapback][/right]
This was the explosives.
Well either that or it had been given away by the US to the Kurd fundamentalists to help to overthrow the regime in Iran. :D