Wow, I can't believe the Lounge is still around...
Thecla,Oct 14 2004, 10:15 PM Wrote:Yeah, right -- next you'll be claiming your post count is 3 and I'm 200% off.

But nice to see you around anyway. Too bad we have no games to play ATM. :)
[right][snapback]57624[/snapback][/right]

No, it's definately 2! Basic arithmetic has always been my strong point.

Yep, nothing at all to play.

Nice to see you still posting :-)

-A

I believe that the count IS now 3, which makes Ashock only 50% wrong :)

In any case, I have noticed that this thread has gone way off-topic even for an OT discussion board - all due to Finnan Haddie being part of a hac...I mean mod.

Ahh the irony of it all, Sourceror and Fin must be rolling in their proverbial, on-line, virtual, and presumably separate graves.....

- Hal
Thecla,Oct 14 2004, 09:56 AM Wrote:We need more unemployment, and the world will be a better place -- or at least its Fora (Pete©) will be more active.
[right][snapback]57582[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I'm pretty sure the way the neoconservative rollback and the spreading "neoliberal" relig... I mean ECONOMIC THEORY, are taking over we'll see a LOT of that soon :P

Especially once the people truly realize (as opposed to "know theoretically") that oil IS running out (not WILL run out somewhen in a hazy future)...

The downside is only, if I can't find something new within the next 3 months my unemployment payments will run out and my DSL flatrate will have to go... <_<

Ah well... had 2 interviews recently and 2 more next week. Keep your fingers crossed... B)

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
Quote:I've had several friends get involved with the molecular industry - none of them that I know of has found a stable situation leading to long-term employment. It seems an industry maybe inherently prone to change and turmoil.

I think it was less the industry itself than the "new market" it was part of during the hype. Lots of bubbles popping out of nowhere, led by lots of silly people with lots of money that was sure to run out sometime... ;)

Quote:Although the HTML coding is primitive by today's standards, and the Links list is somewhat outdated now, my D1 site still gets a slow but steady stream of hits. I suspect many of them come from people looking at Soul Toucher's XP Table. Or, of course, reading some of your old posts which I have featured there.&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; If you are in a nostalgic mood, you might find some of the stuff in the "Archive of Chaos" of interest.

Already did, when the nostalgia first struck and I also rediscovered the Lounge. Ah... dis were da days...

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
WarLocke,Sep 28 2004, 04:50 AM Wrote:If you're going to summon someone up, I haven't heard from Boots in years.&nbsp; :unsure:

Or heck, try for Felisandria or concre+e...

And welcome back, Armin!&nbsp; Do stick around for awhile!&nbsp; B)
[right][snapback]56608[/snapback][/right]
You rang?

Odd what a google search trying to find a post of mine will bring up. ;)

-fel
Ashock,Oct 14 2004, 11:36 PM Wrote:I believe that the name Honi B, appeared some time *after* DZM came out.
-A
[right][snapback]57618[/snapback][/right]

Hi Ashock.
I'll just drop out of Lurk mode as well to say hi then ;)

It's always good to see an old face again. And I can fully understand that playing Diablo is still fun, I pop it out for nostalgic reasons myself occasionally, and because I still haven't found the ultimate armor for my merely level 43 Rogue :P

-Leshy
"Reality? That's where old Pizza's never return!"
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net
DeeBye,Oct 21 2004, 09:43 PM Wrote:Hi Ashock.
[right][snapback]57913[/snapback][/right]

Hi DeeBye Dee.

-A
WarLocke,Sep 27 2004, 09:50 PM Wrote:If you're going to summon someone up, I haven't heard from Boots in years.&nbsp; :unsure:

Or heck, try for Felisandria or concre+e...

And welcome back, Armin!&nbsp; Do stick around for awhile!&nbsp; B)
[right][snapback]56608[/snapback][/right]

Felisandria's post reminded me, if you're looking for concre+e, I'm pretty sure I saw someone with that name posting at the Amazon Basin recently.
DeeBye,Sep 28 2004, 03:04 AM Wrote:edit: I wonder who else I might be able to bring out of the Void by uttering their names?&nbsp; Hey Claudio!
[right][snapback]56597[/snapback][/right]
Funnily enough, that was exactly the same person I was thinking of upon the question of what other old faces could suddenly return. His page appears to be still online, what I'll take as a sign that he's at least still alive :)
Leshy,Oct 22 2004, 04:46 AM Wrote:I'll just drop out of Lurk mode as well to say hi then ;)

It's always good to see an old face again. And I can fully understand that playing Diablo is still fun, I pop it out for nostalgic reasons myself occasionally, and because I still haven't found the ultimate armor for my merely level 43 Rogue :P

-Leshy
"Reality? That's where old Pizza's never return!"
[right][snapback]57925[/snapback][/right]

So, has Murphy been a problem, or the retired status of your Rogue?

Occhi

"Finally back home in Texas, where La Pizza has jalapeños on it most of the time."
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Oct 23 2004, 09:07 PM Wrote:So, has Murphy been a problem, or the retired status of your Rogue?
A bit of both.

My previous Ultimate Armor™ went bellyup in a playfight with Diablo, who with a few Apocalypses managed to suddenly and unexpectedly undress my rogue, the cheeky Lord of Terror he is.

Good to see you're back home and your Pizza's are still as spicy as ever! :)

-Leshy
"Reality? That's where I never undress my Pizza before devouring it."