A call for help
I read somewhere that Bethesda is changing 3D engines away from Net Immerse, but I don't recall which one. Anyone know?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Treesh,Sep 16 2004, 01:33 AM Wrote:
jahcs,Sep 14 2004, 11:46 AM Wrote:The Morrowind series (get the game of the year edition with all the expansions) is an excellent game, especially if you are a modder/mapper.  Don't fall into the trap of cheating through the game though, the manufacturers made it easy to get stuck in that rut.
Morrowind is good and if you're willing to wait a bit, Bethesda has announced TES 4: Oblivion, but there's not a lot of info out about that yet since they've got an exclusive contract with Game Informer about it and that issue hasn't quite hit the shelves yet.

Edit: To be fair, you'll have to wait quite a bit for Oblivion rather than just "a bit". ;)
I've been sort of following the countdown on the Morrowind homepage, and the announcement of Elder Scrolls 4 brought me much joy and anticipation. I thoroughly enjoyed Morrowind and its expansion packs (Tribunal and Bloodmoon). Until the release of ES4, we'll just have to get by on Fallout 3 which is also being done by Bethesda. I thought both Fallout 1 and 2 were great games, but they were nowhere near the vastness and "epicity" that was "Morrowind".

(Why hasn't anyone made a noun out of "epic" yet? Seriously, the English language is usually so rich, but in this particular area, it is severely lacking :P)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
kandrathe,Sep 16 2004, 04:27 PM Wrote:I read somewhere that Bethesda is changing 3D engines away from Net Immerse, but I don't recall which one.  Anyone know?
IIRC, it's a Havok Physics engine, with massive changes developed in-house.

Edit: Spelling and a more complete name.
Intolerant monkey.
You could also take a look at some currently unmentioned old-but-not-too-old-classics, such as System Shock 1/2 (although, the former qualifies for a classic), Deus Ex (Not DE2), Thief 1, and Thief 2. The difficulty in obtaining them lies in their age - but if your local stores have any of these in stock, they should be dirt-cheap.