Daily Chores bug
There is an achievement called "Daily Chores" for Children's Week where you are supposed to complete a daily for 5 consecutive days with your orphan out. It is currently the second day of Children's Week and I just received completion credit for this achievement. I'm not quite sure how this happened. It could be because I do dailies every day and so it was counting some consecutive days where the orphan didn't exist. It could be that the orphan was resummoned during some of the turn ins. I just don't know, but there has to be some kind of bug with it for me to have gotten credit for completing it so soon.
Quote:There is an achievement called "Daily Chores" for Children's Week where you are supposed to complete a daily for 5 consecutive days with your orphan out. It is currently the second day of Children's Week and I just received completion credit for this achievement. I'm not quite sure how this happened. It could be because I do dailies every day and so it was counting some consecutive days where the orphan didn't exist. It could be that the orphan was resummoned during some of the turn ins. I just don't know, but there has to be some kind of bug with it for me to have gotten credit for completing it so soon.

They changed it intentionally. It had a bug similar to the old achievement that required a daily be done x number of days in a row. Due to how short the event was, they decided to just change it to 5 daily quests at any time rather than 1 a day for 5 days.

There was a blue post somewhere that said it was intentional but they didn't change the tooltip. Something like that.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:They changed it intentionally. It had a bug similar to the old achievement that required a daily be done x number of days in a row. Due to how short the event was, they decided to just change it to 5 daily quests at any time rather than 1 a day for 5 days.

There was a blue post somewhere that said it was intentional but they didn't change the tooltip. Something like that.

Yeah, changing the tooltip would require a client patch. Changing the achievement itself can be done with a server restart, which they did Friday morning. They also appeared to fix the Home Alone bug (where the achievement wouldn't always stick when you logged out and back in).
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Along with the fact that Children's Week being a short holiday (And thus giving most only one shot at completing the achievement, and making it impossible if one arrived at the event a few days late) another reason cited is that Daily Chores would have suffered the same annoying problems as A Simple Re-Quest.

Imagine, if you will, doing three days of consecutive dailies (With the added snafu of having your orphan out) only to have the progress reset on the fourth. The resulting explosion of rage would probably push the world out of orbit.

Not.

Pretty.

It was a hotfixed change, and it was completely intentional and needed. They still haven't fixed A Simple Re-Quest.

And when they do, anyone that managed the original should have it as a Feat of Strength:P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Along with the fact that Children's Week being a short holiday (And thus giving most only one shot at completing the achievement, and making it impossible if one arrived at the event a few days late) another reason cited is that Daily Chores would have suffered the same annoying problems as A Simple Re-Quest.

Imagine, if you will, doing three days of consecutive dailies (With the added snafu of having your orphan out) only to have the progress reset on the fourth. The resulting explosion of rage would probably push the world out of orbit.

Not.

Pretty.

It was a hotfixed change, and it was completely intentional and needed. They still haven't fixed A Simple Re-Quest.

And when they do, anyone that managed the original should have it as a Feat of Strength:P

I read somewhere that the problem with A Simple Re-Quest is that there is a 24-hour timer on the quest. That is to say, you have to do a daily within 24 hours of the last one (but after the nightly reset) to get credit. So take, for example the case of someone who does a daily at 3:00am on the 10th of the month, but on the 11th of the month he is unable to do dailies until the evening. Technically he is still doing dailies back-to-back as far as the day is concerned, but for the purposes of the achievement it wouldn't count.

This was a month or three ago that I read this and I can't remember where I read it, so I can't back it up with any sources. It sounds plausible to me though.

EDIT: Found it in the Wowhead comments for the achievement: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=31