Item Price Calculator
I have released a new item price calculator at DPsyche.com.

While a price calculator isn't new, I added some features that make it easier to use, like:
  • The list of prefix/suffix will dynamically update to reflect valid choices based on qlvls. That means if you select "King's" as a prefix, the list of suffix's will change - only valid affixs based on qlvl will appear brown, all others will appear grey (but will be selectable).
    <>
  • It will only report prices of valid items ONLY where they can be bought (i.e. Red FPM can't be purchased, but it can be resold).
    <>
  • Price caps are taken into consideration.
    <>
  • (Improved from rarity calc) Prefixs/Suffixs will now remain selected even when changing item class, as long as it is valid<>
    [st]
    Please provide input about how it can improve, such as form structure, output, etc. The method for selecting a source is currently very poor (it will deselect, reselect and unselect in very wrong ways), so if you have any ideas they would be appreciated.

Also, I don't currently have the capability to load diablo, and I think the prices might be off just a bit when selecting prefix values of various ranges. The min and max values should be right on, but anything in the middle might be off. Please check prices in game and see how they compare.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
I tested your Tool with Mozilla Firefox (0.9) and the calculated price doesn't update and so it is always zero.

Works fine with the Internet Eplorer.
The same goes for Opera (7.51), but otherwise it is great.
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
Honestly, I am not aware of anything specific to Mozilla (or Opera) that would prevent it from working with it. It should work with IE and Netscape, which there is plenty of documentation about what functions/etc won't work with either of the two.

I wouldn't be certain where to look for anything else (and I don't have much time to do it these days). If you ever come across anything, though, let me know.
--Lang

Well, since IE is the only one confirmed to work correctly, I'd suggest starting off with a check to make sure you aren't using any IE-specific features. I once saw a forum that had been designed exclusively for use with IE, so it had a bizarre year2000 bug that it set logins to expire in the year zero (A.D.). An IE bug counteracted this by kicking it up to the correct year, so the designers had no clue it was broken. Moral of the story: don't use IE to verify standards compliance. :P

Please provide input about how it can improve, such as form structure, output, etc. The method for selecting a source is currently very poor (it will deselect, reselect and unselect in very wrong ways), so if you have any ideas they would be appreciated.

Langolier,

The item price calculator seems to work fine (I've got Netscape 6.0 or so).

As far as structure, is there any way to put a "clear" button above both the prefix and suffix box, to simply "clear" whatever affix a person gave the item?

Also, I was wondering -- and I'm not sure that this is even possible. Is there any way you could generate an Item Price Calculator -- just like your present one -- but have it be a (kind of) Mod Makers item price calculator? Let ALL values of prefixes and suffixes appear on any base so Mod makers would know how much the new Unique items they are crafting are worth? (Mod makers must set the price of Unique items when they design them.) Hmmm, and you'd have to allow for up to six affixes, since up to six affixes can appear on a Unique item. So instead of a "prefix" box and a "suffix" box, you'd have to create six "affix" boxes one after the other. Ah, and no price caps, of course.

Trouble is, I don't know how "cursed" affixes would affect the price, and lots of Unique items are cursed with reduced light radius and zero all resists and lose life constantly and such. Would it be possible to figure out how cursed affixes affect item price?

Attika
Quote:As far as structure, is there any way to put a "clear" button above both the prefix and suffix box, to simply "clear" whatever affix a person gave the item?
If by 'clear' you mean: set to 'None', than sure, it would be pretty easy.

Quote:Also, I was wondering -- and I'm not sure that this is even possible.&nbsp; Is there any way you could generate an Item Price Calculator -- just like your present one -- but have it be a (kind of) Mod Makers item price calculator?&nbsp; Let ALL values of prefixes and suffixes appear on any base so Mod makers would know how much the new Unique items they are crafting are worth?&nbsp; (Mod makers must set the price of Unique items when they design them.)&nbsp; Hmmm, and you'd have to allow for up to six affixes, since up to six affixes can appear on a Unique item.&nbsp; So instead of a "prefix" box and a "suffix" box, you'd have to create six "affix" boxes one after the other.&nbsp; Ah, and no price caps, of course.
This would be very easy, because then there would be no need to verfiy 'valid' items because there would no longer be invalid ones. All affixs in one drop down menu would be a problem since it would be a very long list - for each of the SIX drop-downs.

Quote:Trouble is, I don't know how "cursed" affixes would affect the price, and lots of Unique items are cursed with reduced light radius and zero all resists and lose life constantly and such.&nbsp; Would it be possible to figure out how cursed affixes affect item price?
Cursed affixs each have a negative multiplier. The majority of an item's price is found by adding up all the multipliers from each individual affix and then multiplying that figure to the cost of the base item (i.e. FPM = 6500). As you see with most hybrid items, the price range will still be positive, especially with uniques since they will have multiple positive affixs with few negative (cursed) ones.
--Lang