Pirates everywhere!
So I was cruising around the BBC website and saw Swedish pirates capture EU seat

There is now Pirate Party representation.

I don't follow world politics as closely as I should, and there are real issues, not just file sharing and such that they campaigned on, but I do find it somewhat of a humorous name and decided that with pirate activity off Somali getting the attention it has that it was even more humorous to me so I decided to share. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Funnily enough, I was just having a laugh (we have those in Britain) with one of my colleagues (we have those too) over this very topic this very afternoon.

European parliament politics confuses me. I'm glad there's at least one party who believes in old fashioned values, who I can get behind.

Yarr!

-Jester
Quote:Funnily enough, I was just having a laugh (we have those in Britain) with one of my colleagues (we have those too) over this very topic this very afternoon.

European parliament politics confuses me. I'm glad there's at least one party who believes in old fashioned values, who I can get behind.

Yarr!

-Jester

The great thing is that they made it to get a seat in parliament. Sweden has 18 seats meaning that they needed more than 5.5 % of swedish votes. I hope they can do some good things, but I am skeptical. Also in the european parliament there is a tendency to only look at the rights of record labels and film companies and to be blind for for the legal and privacy implications. These companies always want to be as progressive as possible but when it comes to a 'new' medium they want things to stay as they are. Logical, because they do everything to up their profits, but less amusing that politicians and judges everywhere seem to agree.
Quote:So I was cruising around the BBC website and saw Swedish pirates capture EU seat

There is now Pirate Party representation.
I don't follow world politics as closely as I should, and there are real issues, not just file sharing and such that they campaigned on, but I do find it somewhat of a humorous name and decided that with pirate activity off Somali getting the attention it has that it was even more humorous to me so I decided to share. :)
Hmmm, I see the Pirate Party and Piratbyrån is also active in the US. It seems to be a further extension into media and information from the "free software" GPL movement. One upside of Obama is his stance on Net Neutrality, but we shall see. Big money has a way of changing the minds of big politicians, especially when campaign season is on the horizon.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]