Fahernheit911-thread two
I do agree with you. :) (See above to your response to Nystal).

But, let's set the way back machine to 1776. The skirmish at Lexington and Concord was due to the British trying to impose control upon the farmers by disarming them. Now, lets project to a hypothetical future where a tyrant or tyranical minority movement takes control of the government and is able to remove one or more of the safeguards by stacking the Supreme Court and/or legislature. This is certainly an extreme stretch of the imagination given the situation in the world today, but in another century or two the US might be no more significant than the Ottoman Turks. But, if you are removing the ability of the populace to own the means of resisting the tyranny and in effect any armed resistance would be illegal. I'm not just talking about .38 specials or long guns. The reality of 1776 was that the Americans were a major manufacturing center for Britain, and as such many of the citizens had better weapons than the British Army. The citizenry organized themselves into paramilitary units, ala Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys. It is my opinion that if another revolution or civil war happens in America, the constitution should support the rights of the People to take control of their government from an usurper.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Cougar,Jun 3 2004, 02:27 AM Wrote:*sigh* How I tire of hearing this.  People who oppose dealing with a grotesquely brutal dictator hated by all and who consistently caused or encouraged unrest in the Middle East simply cannot be reasoned with.
Well if you don't like Dublya vote for the other party ;)
Quote:QUOTE 
What I think is a hoax is the way this "Alert" was presented to the public; as a result of new information and a present danger.
Lets think of it this way. I am a police officer and I discover a plot to murder you, but the information is a few years old. The suspects location is unknown. Do you want to know that information? Would I not be negligent if you were then murdered and it was discovered that I knew about the plot, but did nothing to alert you or protect you?

Kandrathe you use again too much the "bush way of thinking " here. :D

What actually would be a better comparison is this:

I find a plot to destroy the WTC in New York (now), which ,3 years earlier has been destroyed. I still give extra terrorist warning.
Well, it looks like the last thread was so big that the forum was having some trouble with it. So, I split the last three posts off into a new thread, and locked the old one. However, the forum was *not* able to maintain the thread tree when it did that. So, the two other posts in this thread can *only* be seen if you switch to linear view.

I'd recommend that anybody who wanted to post to this thread reply either to this post or to the original, so that your post will show up for those people using the threaded view.

The other thread still does not seem to be working, but it's locked now. I'll give it a day or so to make sure it's not just a temporary thing, and then I'll need to either cut posts or delete the thread.

The good news, guys, is that with this php forum we don't have to do this nearly as often as we did with the last forum.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete