HAPPY CANADA DAY!
[Image: canada%20flag.gif]

137 years young.

I drank beer, had some barbecue, and played a little World of Warcraft. It was a good day.
unless it is Labbat Blue, then you can blame it all you want.
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
Hi DeeBye

I wish I could say the same about the day.

T'was not my idea of a great way to celebrate Canada Day. We moved my eldest into his first home of his own - in St. Catharines. Murphy participated. We were allowed to put all the stuff into his apartment, but he was not permitted to actually claim a key to the place or stay there. There was a glitch in getting confirmation of the change-over of electricity bill for the place. Needless to say, phone calls to the company were fruitless on that day.

So we said "The Hell with it", and drove up to the cottage. Long day, lots of driving - but there was cold beer in the fridge at the cottage. :D (Note to Chameleon - Crystal, not Labatt's Blue)

And, on that note, we cottagers celebrated Canada Day / 4th of July in our own way. (There are many Americans among my cottage neighbours.) All the fireworks were blown off on the Saturday evening - when we would all certainly be there to enjoy them. It was fun to sit on the dock and watch them going off from so many locations around the bay.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I had to work that night, and missed the fireworks. I did hang out with some friends for part of the day, but after 6 hours of work at night, you don't really want to go out after. Hopefully next years will be better for me.