Upgrading to Firefox. Protocol?
Fragbait,Jun 22 2004, 02:58 PM Wrote:Just a quick nit - show me the way. Please.
I assume you have already looked but I have to ask just in case. Have you checked extensions? The extension SuperScroll should allow you to change the setting within Firefox. I don't have it installed though, so I can't attest to how well it works. In fact, I just checked and my mousewheel doesn't scroll the screen, even though the system setting shows it set at 3 lines. I'm not sure why it doesn't but don't really care. I have found that I like the middle-click feature better. When I click my wheel, I get a scroll marker where I clicked and a movement of the mouse gives me scrolling, at variable rates. I like it.

(Hmmm... I just went out and checked. This middle-click scrolling works in IE and Notepad. Is this a feature of Windows? I don't have any extra mouse software installed, just the Windows driver. Does Firefox enable it for the system? I never noticed it before using Firefox. It does work nicer in Firefox though so that is a plus.)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
It's the default behaviour for middle-mouse clicks in Windows.