Diablo MPQ Archive Files
The subject includes my whole question. Is a program out there that can save *.cel files?
I *think* I used CV5 for viewing and saving images from Diablo's MPQ, it might save .cel files as well.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Yogi you can only view cel files with cv5.
Right-click the file and Save As *.cel.

-Lemmy
>cv5 saves them, too
I can't save them with cv5, but if you can please send it via email. Maybe you have a different version?!.
Both save *.cel files just fine.

Are you sure you're right-clicking on filename.cel?

-Lemmy
Lemming i don't have the option to save an image as *.cel. Maybe you can provide me with a link to your version?
If you want the image to remain in the .cel format, you don't need cv5 because the file is already .cel. In that case all you need to do is pull it straight out from the mpq in it's original format.

Now, if you want to actually use the image (like for the web) then .cel is useless, and you would want cv5 to save a .cel into some other format such as .gif.

Working with cv5 I leave up to you, it can get quite frustrating, especially when it suddenly tells you that .cel is not a valid format (or .cl2) and then randomly produces a fatal error and quits.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Langolier, i want to create an image and save it in the *.cel format, is there a way to do it or not?
[Image: clip.png]
  • Right-click filename.cel
    <>
  • Save-as box pops up
    <>
  • Save file
    <>
  • Done<>
    [st]
    -Lemmy
When i do it this way cv5 says "unsupported file format". I'm using version 5.2.