order of operations of effects
How can I tell whether multiple effects affecting the same thing (like life total or damage) are multiplied or added. For instance (on older patches anyway) the paladin's charge +% damage was added to +% from his might aura (i.e. if the base damge is 100 and charge added +200% and might was +100% then his attack damage would add to 400 damage rather than multiply to 600 damage). After browsing this forum, I now see that for version 1.10 sorceress fire effects multiply rather than add. Is this difference caused from the different patches or the different nature of skills and effects. Also, are there any webpages that have tables or calculators that show the how cumulative effect of skills and items add or multiply?
In most cases, you do still add together different sources of the same effect.

The big complication for this is 1.10's introduction of synergies. In 1.09, you just had your base damage and multiplied it by the mastery. In 1.10, you have your base damage, multiply it by the (sum of) mastery and multiply it by the (sum of) synergies.

This doesn't apply to the physical attack skills.
thanks for the help. my biggest problem in calculations comes when you try to figure in party members. you practically need a Ph.D. in diablo 2 to figure out how much damage you'll do and how much life you'll have in a party where a druid's spirits, paladin's auras, and barbarian's war cries are all in effect at the same time. (it's easy to figure out after the party is all assembled and the skill points are all invested but i find it hard to convince my friends to "invest" their skill points somewhere because i'm curious about an effect).