MF-necro
Im making a MF-Necro and I was wondering where I should put my skill point to get my necro to work best.

Im thiniking for Meph-runs. I have heard that the ZooKeeper is the safe and the best way to go when u build a MF-necro.

Can anyone help me ?
Death smiles to us all, all a man can do is smile back...
For meph run you need something that can find the way fast (sorceress). But for other purposes (high area-level places) a necromancer is good.

skel, mages, mastery -> max. all the other summon: 1
curses: all 1

the rest: the way you feel like. By that time you'll know which curses you like best, which ones are worth pumping... maybe getting bone armor, wall, prison... after your army is ready, you hardly need anything else
I know that the sorc might be the best for meph runs. But im so tired of the sorc so i want to try something else and more fun. So i went with the necro. The curses i need is dim vision and amp. I need about 5 points in bone armour and 1 point i corpse explotion.

I was thinking to max skeleton mastery, raise skeletons, mage, revive & about 10-15 points in summon resist.

What do you think?
I'd say that plugging points into Mages, Revive, and Summon Resist would be somewhat wasteful. Skeleton Mages don't do all that much damage. More than 8-9 Revives are a lot of work to manage. Summon Resist goes rapidly to diminishing returns.

My take is that Zookeeper necros generally run around with a lot of +skills gear, since their primary sources of such things can be shopped or gambled. With one point in Skeleton Mage, Revive, and Summon Resist, your skill adders will provide a few Magi for artillery, enough Revives to get the job done, and plenty of resists.

Unless you're absolutely bent on filling the screen with minions, I think you'll get more bang for your buck (so to speak) with a maxed Corpse Explosion and a good variety of curses. If all you're doing is Meph runs, maxed Dim Vision may help more than CE. And don't forget Decrepify for Meph himself.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:I need about 5 points in bone armour

Only put one point into Bone Armor. Spend your remaining four points into Bone Wall, as points into wall and prison give more than actual points into the skill itself.
Maxed mages are ownage. Otherwise they are useless. I made a necro with only skeletons, and he turned out a disaster.

"Filling the screen with minions" is the thing that keeps you alive. AH, and they are your main damage source as well.

Usually 1-point curses (with +skills) are sufficient, a medium level CE is also usable, although you may opt to max this for the radius.

Quote:And don't forget Decrepify for Meph himself.
I'd say amp him, since his melee damage is ignorable, and your minions will kill him long before your army dies. (Assuming, of course, that you have powerful mages with you, not just something to cause some client lag on your playmate's computers.) Then again, you'll see what works best for you.
Bun-Bun,May 10 2004, 08: Wrote:I'd say that plugging points into Mages, Revive, and Summon Resist would be somewhat wasteful. Skeleton Mages don't do all that much damage. More than 8-9 Revives are a lot of work to manage. Summon Resist goes rapidly to diminishing returns.

My take is that Zookeeper necros generally run around with a lot of +skills gear, since their primary sources of such things can be shopped or gambled. With one point in Skeleton Mage, Revive, and Summon Resist, your skill adders will provide a few Magi for artillery, enough Revives to get the job done, and plenty of resists.

Unless you're absolutely bent on filling the screen with minions, I think you'll get more bang for your buck (so to speak) with a maxed Corpse Explosion and a good variety of curses. If all you're doing is Meph runs, maxed Dim Vision may help more than CE. And don't forget Decrepify for Meph himself.
A good point Bun Bun.

I have only made PVP necros so I have never bothered to build a zookeeper :P

But thanks for the tips :D