Items with charges
Is there any comprehensive listing of the skills that can be found on items in the form of charges of that skill? Or, alternatively, the skills that cannot be found on items in the form of charges of it?

Are there limits on what items such charges can appear on?

For example, I have found balanced knives with charges of Dim Vision and I have also found rings with such charges. Can charges of spells appear on any item?

What about the spell level of such charges? I have seen wands with charges of slvl 1 Lower Resist and others with charges of slvl 3 Lower Resist. What is the range of charges, by skill?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

This list is a good start:
http://www.d2data.net/item/affixes/affixes_idx1_7.html
It has CTC effects mixed in but it isn't too hard to work out.
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke
The very thing I needed. Even though it is incomplete*, it is much better than no list at all. At least this way I know what kinds of spells can be found as charges on items. :)

*For example, I have a ring with 22 charges of slvl 1 Confuse, which is not listed there as a possibility.
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

The charges just come from suffixes. Like other suffixes, there's a list of allowed items and sometimes disallowed items. There are often (always?) two affixes with different allowed items and some different parameters.

For example, there are two Dim Vision charge affixes:
One requires alvl 12 to spawn and clvl 24 to equip, has a min value of -60 and a max value of -8, and is allowed to spawn on wands, daggers, and heads.
The other requires alvl 24 to spawn and clvl 24 to equip, has a min value of -20 and a max value of -5, and is allowed to spawn on rings and circlets.

The min and max value don't have an inherent meaning. They're used in conjunction with the item's ilvl to determine what the slvl and number of charges would be. This post describes how they're calculated, but at the moment, I can't confirm that it's all accurate for 1.10.

In order to look up what charges can appear on a certain item, you can use this calculator. The slvls it lists for the charged affixes are, AFAIK, completely wrong, so ignore that.
Just to be clear (I muddle things all too easily):

The affix calculator will tell me what types of spell charges can come on an item, although the levels listed for those spells will not be accurate ?
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

Quote:The affix calculator will tell me what types of spell charges can come on an item, although the levels listed for those spells will not be accurate ?

As far as I can tell, yes.