Diablo Crashing, Help!
I just bought a copy of Diablo1, installed it, ran it and it seemed to work fine untill i got to where i can control my character the cd keeps spinning up then spinning down over and over then eventually the whole game completely stalls and if it stays that way too long my pc crashes.

any help on fixing this is greatly! appreciated.
We need to know what kind of pc you are running Diablo on.
if you are using a up - to - date pc with up- to-date CD-rom drive, it's probably too fast for Diablo.

Try using a CD-emulation program to play Diablo. In most cases this ends diskspin trouble.

I'm using Virtual Drive Manager myself, but there are a lot of programs out there that do the same.
If I'm not mistaken Daemon Tools is used a lot
and is available fo download on the Daemon Tools Webpage.
Pentium 166mhz
64MB RAM
GeForce2 32mb
Soundblaster LIVE! MP3+ 5.1
52x24x52x CD-RW

emulation is basically not possible, my HD is only 1.9GB and i have about 600mb free, if i did that i wouldnt have hardly any space to run programs or download anything
I see your problem with emulation there.
I can't say I know of another way to solve your problem though.
sorry
Hi,

Could be your CD drive. A few ideas, one free and two cheap.

Turn off your in game music. That solved a lot of problems for some people.

Check that the hard drive and CD are hanging off of different IDE controllers. If not, get a second IDE cable and separate the two.

Get an old CD player. Around here we have Re-PC which sells old computer parts as is dirt cheap. You can pick up old CD drives (look for 16X or less) for a couple of bucks each. You probably need to pop off the case and clean out the gunk. You might have to get a couple before you get one that works.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?