Open Beta: Saga of Ryzom
Quote:Standing request: If anyone runs into a good open beta sign-up, please kick this old guys chair to wake me so that I can run over and do my bit. Nothing better than having fun on someone else's dime! 

You were so nice I couldn't help myself :)
Open beta instructions

General tidbits about the Saga of Ryzom

*kicks the chair*
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
ZZZZzzzzzz.... snarf...... zzzzzzz...

Wha?! Huh?

WHOOAAAAaaa... **Crash***

[sound of old bones creaking as they are picked up off the floor along with the chair they fell over in]

*tips hat* Thanks young'un. I'll run over and check it out.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I was in the closed beta and could never even get the client to run. it kept rebooting my comp every time I tryed to connect hehe.
Signatures suck
Oh and to those who get this beta, please post your impressions, I don't know whether it's worth the bother or not, considering I'm getting Sacred REAL soon :D
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Holy Bandwidth Hog, Batman!

982.5 MB

...and a user rating of only 3 of 5 on fileplanet - I guess I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I wonder how long it will take to download. It might take a whole hour to get?! If the download is that big, I wonder how much HD real estate it requires.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
As a farm boy I just keep thinking about;
Quote:Rhyzome:: a somewhat elongate usually horizontal subterranean plant stem that is often thickened by deposits of reserve food material, produces shoots above and roots below, and is distinguished from a true root in possessing buds, nodes, and usually scalelike leaves.

Areole emerged from her bud and stiffened as acrid anemophily suffused her stigma.

Quote:Even the great Atysian forces of the Kamis and the Karavan put together were powerless against the kitin onslaughts in that calamitous year. Entire populations perished. When the dreadful news came to my ears, I did not delay in giving all the assistance I could to save the last survivors, many of whom had dispersed and fled into the wilderness.
Which makes me think of kitten onslaughts? And, kitten wars?

I looked at all the trailers and it does look impressive.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

LochnarITB,Apr 23 2004, 04:57 AM Wrote:Holy Bandwidth Hog, Batman!

982.5 MB

...and a user rating of only 3 of 5 on fileplanet - I guess I'll give it a try and see how it goes.  I wonder how long it will take to download.
I'm getting it from AusGamers at my top download speed (768 Kbit/s DSL) and it says 3 hours 20 minutes, heh.

Good thing I just have to ssh to my debian box home, fire up wget and log off. It'll be done when I get home ^_^

Then again it'll probably go the same way Lineage II and Knight Online went, a week or so playing a couple of hours a day, then uninstall :)
Waiting in line for the gigantic 4 minutes time by fileplanet's standarts (1-2 hours already passed in the real world...).

I hope it's like City of Heroes' pace, won't be able to stand another extremely slow grinding MMOG...
Pain...
Pain...

Fileplanet sucks...

Big time...

Works like crap in Mozilla...

Had to use IE *shudder*...

I had one hell of a hard time to get the friggin "confirmation image" to show up to get the key...

Login name for the game can only be lowercase and letters...

Password on the other hand requires both Upper cases and numbers, but it's 5-8 characters only...

Patching now...

Pain...

Well, anyway, they sure as hell have made it hard for anyone to get in there. I guess it's a sure way of limiting the number of beta testers.
I just wasted 4 hours of my life downloading it only to get an error while the bloody thing opened, now I need to download it all over again...

When you get to start playing, please share first impressions
TaiDaishar,Apr 23 2004, 07:52 PM Wrote:I just wasted 4 hours of my life downloading it only to get an error while the bloody thing opened, now I need to download it all over again...

When you get to start playing, please share first impressions
Well, before the server went down I played for a couple of minutes. Interface is very un-intuitive so far, graphically it's OK, nothing to write home about. Interface doesn't seem to be easily customizable though. And the first, weakest monster on the server almost handed me my butt on a silver plate o_O

An, I'd recommend going to http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/11360 and getting the client there. You'll still have to go through Fileplanet for the key though, http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/ryzom.aspx is where the money is at.
Thanks for the link, downloading now (now with DAP to resume) and already got the account activated, hopefully I'll be able to get on tomorrow or tonight

EDIT: Sigh, still no client for me... I'm starting to think this isn't really worth it...
Hi

I thought this a good read from a Ryzon forum :D

Quote:1) Where are the classes?  I mean like Melee fighter, Ranged Fighter, Attack Buffer ect.  Will these all be implemented into the commercial release.

It is a skill based game so there are no classes.  As you advance through each skill tree (magic, fighting, crafting...) you can further specialize

2) The world in which beta is taking place.  Is that just a world created just for beta?  If it is then I think that that is pretty cool.

The beta map is one small part of the Fyros lands.  Each race will have its own lands.

3) I noticed that there are race armor in the game.  But EVERYONE can wear them.  Will this change in the game?

yes, but you are correct that racial restrictions are not implemented yet

4) I was wondering how factions will work?

each player will get a reputation with the different factions in the game depending on the actions you take.  Guilds should set policies so they can build up fame with certain factions, which will lead to certain guild quests.  Fame will be added soon based on the news yesterday.

5) Can you advance past level 20?  Is there a quest for this

You can only advance to 20 in the first tier of each skill (ie. magic 20).  Then you start advancing in the specialized skills under magic (offensive, defensive, self) up to a potential of level 50.  Then each of those skills break out into greater specialization (offensive>elemental, affliction) till level 100.  The max advancement in a particular branch is 250, but there are many many branches so it could take very long to max them all if that were your goal.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.

Download Ryzom here also, but both sites are Slow...>http://games.bigpond.com/pc/resources/files/details/html/11360

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi

I've been playing this Beta for a few days, it does have a High learning curve, but once you learn it the game is Fun...The game still Lags and Crashes, but not as much as the first few days. Today there was a Major Patch, NPC's now sell Items [cheap] not good for the crafter, altho crafted armor is better as it is in All games...I'm crafting for the first time in My gaming life, I like killing more :D

I have alot to learn, I read the manual "again". Now it's time to go kill something. Graphics are Good, Magic effects Very Good, Nudity is a bit much, women run around in G Strings...Men in Fig leafs :P

ps: I hope this post does not Violate the NDA ;)

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
I tried it and the learning curve is so deep you can't even see the bottom...

I guess I should give it another try but I doubt it'll hold my interest as CoH did, CoH's pace is simply too good :)