Is there something wrong with the Lounge?
Hi,

Yesterday and today the Lounge seems to be very slow both in loading topics and posting replies. I checked some other boards and forums, and they seem to be OK, so I don't think the problem is at my end. I wouldn't mention it if not for fear that someone might have hijacked the Lounge and is using it for something like spamming.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I've actually noticed the same thing, though there have been a few other sites that have had issues for me so I was still thinking it could be something else other than the lounge server itself.

You know one of them series of tubes has a clog or something. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Hi,

Quote:You know one of them series of tubes has a clog or something. :)
Someone probably just let the string go slack between the paper cups. :lol:

--Pete

Well the hacking thing we can probably rule out - nothing's been updated in the file base since 2006. I don't see any alien javascript calls, and the template HTML hasn't been modified. Anyone else seeing any slowdown and can comment?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Well the hacking thing we can probably rule out - nothing's been updated in the file base since 2006. I don't see any alien javascript calls, and the template HTML hasn't been modified. Anyone else seeing any slowdown and can comment?

-Bolty

I saw a slow down around 3pm on the Lounge at work and other gaming sites on our main backbone and chalked it up to the kids getting out of school. Switched to another connection and saw no further slowness.
Since there's the software enabled that does the linking from wowhead, on patch days the Lounge frequently gets slow because wowhead gets hammered too. There have been many, many times where the Lounge was slow for me and I'd see "Waiting for wowhead.com" in the little status bar in my browser, even if there weren't any wowhead links on the page I was trying to view. Could have been the case again this time.
Intolerant monkey.
Hi,

Quote:Since there's the software enabled that does the linking from wowhead, on patch days the Lounge frequently gets slow because wowhead gets hammered too. There have been many, many times where the Lounge was slow for me and I'd see "Waiting for wowhead.com" in the little status bar in my browser, even if there weren't any wowhead links on the page I was trying to view. Could have been the case again this time.
Thanks, makes sense. I'd never noticed that before. Things seem to be back to normal now.

--Pete