gull dagger
ATMA V told me that the Gull dagger can be dropped from almost any monster in the stony field (normal monsters) and that Andy (not first-kill) has low chances compared to these monsters. However, I'm not sure if ATMA is right about this because it seems odd to me that skeletons in the stony field or spike fiends in dark wood would have a higher chance of dropping Gull than Andy. Is ATMA right? If not, who does have the best chance of dropping the Gull?

BTW, I'm talking about the Normal difficulty above.

Thx for helping me out.
ATMA should be correct. The reason that the low level monsters in Stoney Field have such a good chance is that their TC's result in only a small variety of items that they end up dropping. This makes it much more likely that they will drop a dagger than a monster such as Andariel that drops a much greater variety of items (and only a tiny portion of those will be daggers). Even though a dagger dropped by Andariel has a greater chance of ending up unique than a dagger dropped by a normal mlvl=6 monster does, the much greater amount of daggers that will be dropped by these low level monsters ends up making it more likely that you will actually be able to get the unique dagger from one of them.
ATMA V was incorrect w/ regards to mlvls in normal.

We informed the programmer in AB.

Quote: just checked the code and it does use the area level in Normal (however, it does not do the TC upgrade in Normal) so it sometimes erroneously reports drops that cannot happen if qlvl > mlvl. Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix that and get out a patch as soon as I can. Most of the testing was done for Nightmare and Hell which is probably why we did not catch this one.

The most recent version should have this, and a couple of other minor bugs corrected.