Javazon's...
So I just picked up some Titan's Revenge, so I thought it would be fun to make a javazon.

Looking at the javelin skills, I saw that there are two level 30 skills, each pertaining to Lightning damage. I can't figure out which one is better!

Can somebody help me figure out where to allocate my skill points?

Also, how much dex should I have? Does dex or str increase your javelin's owning power?
Well to answer your first question. Lightning Fury is the generally accepted better skill for a javazon.

the other answers are much more complex. And generally depend more on the equipment you have available than how you want to build your character. Things to consider when planing a Javazon: Get Razor tail. you will want max pierce for your Lightning fury to really shine. with RT you will only have to put 9 points into pierce to get 100 percent. As a javazon you are going to be in the fight a lot more than a bowazon. as such your stat distribution is going to be different. You will want enough Str to equip items, Enough dex to have a 75% block and decent AR. And the rest goes into Vit. (generally) Your other skill choices can vary greatly. I personally don't recommed putting a lot of points into the Poison javalin skills unless you have Bramble. If you have that then max them both, you will rock.

For other more defined build answers head on over to the Amazon Basin, they have a lot of info regarding that and also links to many online Guides.

Edit: forgot to mention this. I would recommend getting your A/D/E up to about 50% each. this plus your 75% block rate will make you extremely sturdy throughout the game. get 1 point into jab for LI mobs.
Hi unrealshadow13,

Quote: I saw that there are two level 30 skills, each pertaining to Lightning damage
Who sais that only lvl 30 skills are fun? I wouldn't. ;)
Actually, there's only one path of the skilltree that's devoted to the javelin-amazon. It consists of Poison Javelin, Lightning Bolt, Plague Javelin and Lightning Fury. Lightning Fury is still the most impressive one against groups, I think we have another thread open where this is explained nicely. I have a lvl 85 ama with max Plague Javelin and max Lightning Fury. She recently changed her Titan's to Demon's Arch, because the elemental damage on the Demon's is more than what I lose without +skills.
I also have one point in jab, and some points in the a/d/e skills.
Good Luck!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.