Go vote for Diablo II
I could have sworn I already posted this, but I didn't get a warning or anything so I'm going to post/repost it..

Today is GameSpy's election for the best RPG of all time. Go to http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matc...ches/0306.shtml and vote for Diablo II!! :D
It got DELETED. You were SPAMMING. There is ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT THIS ON THE VERY FIRST PAGE OF THIS FORUM. :blink:
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Excuse me, I am NOT spamming, and I didn't see another thread about this topic, or I wouldn't have posted this one, duh!!!
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=2&t=3170

The 13th Item on this page. In any case, the forum rules suggest that you should read the first few days of postings of the forum before making a topic.
read the other topic you flamed me in. and stop acting like you're some sort of pseudo-authority figure on the board.
Instead of adressing your mistake, you are attacking me for attempting to be a good samatarian? And how am I flaming you? You came here and decided to post without proper knowledge of the acceptable policy in this community, and I am flaming you? You, sir, need to take a step back and realize that outside of your little bubble, other people might be right once in awhile.
Etiquette:

Quote:2) When you make a new thread, only make one new thread on a single forum, do not bump it, and give it at least 24 hours
(you posted this in multiple fora)

Quote:3) Keep on topic: ...on the Armoury you should only make posts related to strategy and tactics... Atma's Tavern is for any, general Diablo II chat
(you posted this in a strategy section of D2)

Quote:7) Do not make new threads if there is another thread on the same topic in the first few pages of any forum - most regulars will read up to five pages back, and we all sort threads in different ways too.
(already adressed)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:

Quote:Prevent duplicate postings.
In other words, before you go and post about a topic, make sure that the topic hasn't already been discussed within the last few days' worth of postings. The Lounge forum also has a search engine if you're asking a rather rare or esoteric question. That's what the archives are for in the technical or strategy forums - to allow for searches for old material. After you've looked around and could not find anything related to your question/topic, fire away!

Quote:Take flame wars to email.
Flame wars are not welcome here. Address the topic, not the person. What that means is when you're debating a topic, debate the topic. Adding personal insults into your posts nullifies your argument and may result in your post getting wiped by a moderator. There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one. When flaming gets out of control, you will be asked to take your tiff to email or private messages. There's no reason to air your fight in public, and we don't want to see it.
(bold mine)

Quote:Once your post is censored, do not post it again.
(not edited, but deleted in this case, unless I am misunderstanding you)

If I really wanted to add some more, I could have also done the "Don't call regulars trolls unless they really deserve it," line, and said that instead of troll you called him delusional (with more words, of course).

/edit: shorted some quotes for relevance.
I addressed it in the other thread. Once again, I posted it in the three most popular fourms on the board so that the majority of people would see it. I do not know any of the mods on the board personally, and I am not myself a mod, so I don't have the ability to forward the post and cross-thread it. I think that this post for a one time event should be an allowable exception to the spamming rule, and if you want to call it 'spamming', I only spammed it in three forums, which is three different posts, and this discussion you and I have had has taken up more of the boards valuable space than the original posts did.

I do apologize if I enflamed you're sensibilities, but in the future, if you wish to chide someone who is new to a board (or anyhting else for that matter) you may want to consider being less harsh about it. Coming across like that will surely invoke anger in someone, and doesn't get anything done except cause bad feelings between people.

As I also said in the other thread, I have been a member of most of these boards for 5+ years know, and I've had the rules memorized for probably longer than you have been aware that they existed.

Did I leave anything out? To summarize: I'm sorry, I did it on purpose, I knew what I was doing. Ok?
Obi2Kenobi: As I said I missed the other thread, or I certainly wouldn't have posted this one. Also please note that the title of the thread in the armory starts off with OT: for off topic. This is intentional so that the thread doesn't take up someone's time who is only interested in information relating to the content of the armory.
Quote:Once again, I posted it in the three most popular fourms on the board so that the majority of people would see it.
Do you also remember ShadowHM's post saying that the majority of Lurkers read all sub forums?

Quote:and this discussion you and I have had has taken up more of the boards valuable space than the original posts did.
In essence, true. However, this sets a precedent for more people to do their own "one time thing". Also, 313,155,215,110 posts in this thread would take up less space on the actually sub fora than two of your reposts.

Quote:I do apologize if I enflamed you're sensibilities
Again with the condesention.

Quote:if you wish to chide someone who is new to a board (or anyhting else for that matter) you may want to consider being less harsh about it. Coming across like that will surely invoke anger in someone, and doesn't get anything done except cause bad feelings between people.
His post was not that harsh. Nikodemus was more harsh to me when I joined (but I deserved it), and his posts toward me were nothing compared to what some people have gotten. :P Now look at me, I'm still an important, prominent poster here.

Quote:As I also said in the other thread, I have been a member of most of these boards for 5+ years know, and I've had the rules memorized for probably longer than you have been aware that they existed.
Well, I don't know how long Dozer has been here, but it has been quit some time... And if what you say is true, then you are even more at fault. Being aware of the rules make you more responsible than if you had no idea (although it also makes you less of a moron...).

Quote:I knew what I was doing.
Oh, really? I thought that you had ingested a magical plant from the Galapagos islands that caused you to turn into a wereape capable of using a computer, and you then, in your hellbent rage at these arrogent humans that cut down your ancestral forests decided to spam one of the last high quality forums on the net.

/edit:
Quote:Once again, I posted it in the three most popular fourms on the board so that the majority of people would see it.
The problem with this logic is that most people who look in the Armory also look in Atma's Tavern. So why not post it in Griswold's Workshop? Then more people would see it.
Quote: As I said I missed the other thread, or I certainly wouldn't have posted this one.
If your only slip-up was that you had missed the thread, I would have quickly come to your defense. However, you also did all other things mentioned above.
Quote:Also please note that the title of the thread in the armory starts off with OT: for off topic.
However, you also posted in the correct forum for it, so that was fairly useless.
I voted for Counter-Strike (even though I've never played it) just because I hate this thread. I'm petty that way.
Spam. Cross posting in 3 forums. Thread locked.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I deleted three of these threads earlier today, but apparently that was just too subtle for this poster. :(

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Griselda,Mar 24 2004, 11:48 PM Wrote:I deleted three of these threads earlier today, but apparently that was just too subtle for this poster.
Poster logic:

"Hmm, my threads that I duplicated in three forums all got deleted. Well, since none of the mods ever took time out of their day to personally explain to me what I did wrong, I think I'll do it again, and then attack anyone who informs me of my (repeated) mistakes. After all, maybe it was just a coincidence that the forum nuked all three of my threads!"

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.