Intergalactic Advice sought
Quote:Not necessarily. The Valkyries' Halo rockets have a slightly wider and longer range than the Corsairs' Neutron Flare. The rockets also do slightly more damage than the Neutron Flare.

I made this for you: http://www14.brinkster.com/sirdiealot/1cor...orsairvvalk.zip (the 1 at the start is to put the map at the top of your map list)

Equal supply, 710/600 minerals/gas of corsairs, 800/600 worth of valks. Keep in mind if you mix up the forces and protoss has a carrier, just one, valk missiles will be horribly confused. Feel free to modify the map and add an equal supply of corsairs and valks. The more corsairs there are the easier the valks lose.

(edit: sometimes brinkster doesn't allow you to remote download so you may need to paste the link. www14.brinkster.com/sirdiealot/1corsairvvalk.zip )
Well, kinda.

For about 90% of the time corsairs won. The only time I won was with a nearly dead valk

I noticed that the units have full upgrades. I think that gives the sairs the advantage as there are the plasma shield upgrades.I felt I should try it with no upgrades. The valks pretty much won pretty easily in that case.

So I'm guessing that valks>corsairs with less upgrades and corsairs>valks with more upgrades.

Replay: Corsair Vs. Valks /w upgrades Corsairs Vs.Valkyries
No upgrades
Both games were on fastest speed, version 1.10

On the other hand, maybe another human rather than a computer testing would matter. :P
In most cases, though, I think the corsair is far more useful.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I wached your replay and you were microing the valks. I think it's pretty fair to say someone could micro the sairs too so to just negate that for my tests I let them do what they do. <_< When you do this on the no upgrade test the valks still win most of the time but not as well.

Another advantage is focus fire. Valk missiles don't do this very well. Their projectiles are more about tossing damage everywhere, while corsairs can focus on a target and kill it pretty well. The only thing I've ever found valks good for is 1 or 2 to just lay down some shield draining damage for protoss (I almost always manage to miss my emp) or overlord raids on a zerg who doesn't spred them out.

As I said the main issue with valks and corsairs is because corsairs are more for support, things like carriers and intercepters will confuse a valk into uselessness. Zerg devourers reduce their missile volly rate to a point where you will normally only get one off before the valk dies. And let's not forget the way acid spores and glaive worm eat up the sprite limit. -_-
Which is why I said it would be better to have a human to micro against. :P

And besides, I lost 90% of the time when they were upgraded, so it shows. :D
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
http://starcraft.strategy-gaming.com/
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]