Klup, the Barbarian Mercenary
Here's a screenshot of a double axe barb npc with a great helm (? the one with two horns).

EDIT: Had to change the link thanks to GeoCities. <_<
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Quote:There are some of the wandering barbs who use two axes, so you'd just need one mastery. &nbsp;
Quote:This might be a tall order, but if you could find me a screenshot i'd be really appreciative.

Well, I went looking to get some good screenshots of the sword/axe barbs so that I could figure out what sort of sword they are wielding, and instead EVERY SINGLE barb was a dual-axe wielder...so here you go:

[Image: dual_axe_barb.jpg]

[Image: 3x_dual_axe_barbs.jpg]
At the present time I am saddened to report that Klup has been shelved, for Real Life ™ reasons.

To make a long story short: my wife won the argument ;)
Figured that might be the case considering how old this thread was, but the idea struck a chord. I'm currently trying to figure out how to make a "morphing merc" that will be able to both appear as a standard merc as well as a dual-axe/dual-sword/sword-axe wilderness barb. Depending on how far I am able to take it, I could theoretically max all the requisite skills, but currently I am leaving it with a single point in double swing, single point in stun, 2:1 ratio of sword mastery to axe mastery, and bash=sword mastery. Seems to be working ok so far, currently in act V normal. Were I to do this "seriously" I would probably drop the axes entirely, and just swap between "merc" and "dual-sword".

On a side note, Berserker's Headgear looks incredibly close to the appearance of the merc helms, closer than the topaz or ruby socketed IMO. Still is a standard helm, but I think the coloration is closer. Also, for anyone interested, the axes are just axe/cleaver/small crescent and the swords are long sword/rune sword/cryptic sword as best as I can tell. This actually gives a fairly decent selection of set/unique/crafted weapons to work with, so I may be able to make him semi-serious afterall.