make my zon better
Currently level 84 seems to be doing allright now that I switched to upgraded Buriza

Gear
Weapon: 199ED upgraded buriza socketed with shael -- 100% ias 100% pierce, high cold damage
Helm: Andy's Visage -- 20% IAS +2 skill levels +30 str
Amulet: Highlord -- +1 skills 20% IAS 34?% deadly strike
Armor: Crows Caw socketed with 15% ias jewel -- 30% ias
Gloves: Laying of Hands -- 20% ias 50% fire resists 350%! damage to demons
Ring1: Raven Frost -- Cold damage, dex, AR, cannot be frozen
Ring2: Manald -- 7% mana leech
Belt: Thundergods Vigor -- 20 str, lightning absorb lightning damage
Boots: War trav -- Extra physical damage
Switch: +4 tstroke -- gives me lightning bolt skill for phys immunes
Switch Shield: Tiamat -- Extra elemental damage for phys immunes

Might Merc
Helm: Mask of Horror (will switch to eth blackthorn when I'm less lazy)
Armor: Duriel's Shell
Weapon: Reaper's Toll (33% decrep, don't leave home without it)

Skills
20 strafe
20 valk
20 decoy
10 deadly strike
10 penetrate
6 avoid
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.
arrunique,Feb 16 2004, 08:55 AM Wrote:Currently level 84 seems to be doing allright now that I switched to upgraded Buriza

Gear
Weapon: 199ED upgraded buriza socketed with shael -- 100% ias 100% pierce, high cold damage
Helm: Andy's Visage -- 20% IAS +2 skill levels +30 str
Amulet: Highlord -- +1 skills 20% IAS 34?% deadly strike
Armor: Crows Caw socketed with 15% ias jewel -- 30% ias
Gloves: Laying of Hands -- 20% ias 50% fire resists 350%! damage to demons
Ring1: Raven Frost -- Cold damage, dex, AR, cannot be frozen
Ring2: Manald -- 7% mana leech
Belt: Thundergods Vigor -- 20 str, lightning absorb lightning damage
Boots: War trav -- Extra physical damage
Switch: +4 tstroke -- gives me lightning bolt skill for phys immunes
Switch Shield: Tiamat -- Extra elemental damage for phys immunes

Might Merc
Helm: Mask of Horror (will switch to eth blackthorn when I'm less lazy)
Armor: Duriel's Shell
Weapon: Reaper's Toll (33% decrep, don't leave home without it)

Skills
20 strafe
20 valk
20 decoy
10 deadly strike
10 penetrate
6 avoid
Are you asking for help or boasting about your set-up? I don't think the proper way to "ask" for help is by saying, "make my zon better".

TIP #1

IAS
Balista +80% IAS
Shael +20%
Andy's Visage +20%
Highlords +20%
Crowcaw +15%
+Jewel +15%
Laying on Hands +20%

You have 190% IAS, but the break points for a ballista are:

IAS-Frames
0-22
2-21
6-20
11-9
19-18
27-17
37-16
50-15
70-14
95-13
138-12
215-11

So unless you somehow get 25% more IAS, your wasting a lot of sockets/items for speed when you could invest into damage jewels or better resists!

Thats all the tips I feel like dishing out for today.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Are you asking for help or boasting about your set-up? I don't think the proper way to "ask" for help is by saying, "make my zon better".

Would have been a lot more congenial but boss walked in before I could edit post so it was either post the list or waste the time to type it. And whats wrong with a little bragging about the setup? Anyway the jury is still out about whether the last frame is worth it. All the gear was from when I was going for 2 frame strafe with goldstrike (not worth it by the way).

The buriza was from when I was trying a buriza werewolf, but he petered out so when I switched it to the zon she became much better. I need the strength from the andy's visage and tgods to wield the hefty buriza which takes like 155 or so str.

You are right though between breakpoints the extra speed is wasted. The caw is almost useless and I'm not sure what to replace it with. I don't have the resources yet for COH or a ~160% dam 4 socket suit. I can't really think of anything else to do with the armor slot. My resists suck but I don't really need them because I'm hiding behind my merc and valk and decoy.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with laying, because the 50% fire resists cancels out the negative from andy's and the 350% demon damage shreds any demon type monster. I'm still trying to craft my +2 passive mana leech knockback gloves. If I get those I could potentially replace the manald with another raven or hopefully a wisp to pull out the Heart of Wolverine for even more damage.

So sorry if the starting post was a bit short, just wanted to put something up there to stimulate discussion.
Quote:And whats wrong with a little bragging about the setup?
<no comment>

Quote:<snip>before I could edit post so it was either post the list or waste the time to type it.
Well, I would have chosen copy it (if you wanted to keep it), and then paste it and finish.

Quote:<snip>~160% dam 4 socket suit.
I would highly reccomend against this, as there is a 99.XX% chance of it being duped.

Quote:350% demon damage shreds any demon type monster.
It's actually not as effective as you may think, as it is just the same as having 350 more dexterity (for damage, not AR). But it's still very powerful.
Quote:<snip>~160% dam 4 socket suit.

I would highly reccomend against this, as there is a 99.XX% chance of it being duped.

I couldn't afford it even if it was duped. I was hoping to find or trade for reasonable four 35% or so jewels. How do you think that compares with just 40 dex emeralds in sockets. Another thing I thought of was wearing silks and ditching manald for another raven.